Billionaire bro decides to bail Trump out of bond troubles

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/02/billionaire-bro-decides-to-bail-trump-out-of-bond-troubles.html

7 Likes

I’ve gotten into more than one argument with a Trumper who claimed that Trump can’t possibly be guilty of fraud because there were no victims. He paid back the loans and the banks never complained, they say. Gee, I wonder why they never complained? It couldn’t be because they’re all in bed together, could it? Naaaaahh, that’s crazy talk.

17 Likes

Mr. Hankey, the Business Poo! :poop: :chart_with_downwards_trend:

No apologies.

28 Likes

we need to see trump’s tax returns

3 Likes

I’m shocked–SHOCKED I TELL YOU–that somebody who made their money by destroying people with loans for used cars at 14% is a fan of Trump.

19 Likes

This is income

5 Likes

Axos Bank was previously named Bank of Internet, BofI. It has been under SEC investigations and has an extremely shady history of alleged tax avoidance with american billionaires, including the Kushner family, and foreign governments in the Middle East. They are also behind a deal that allowed Trump to sell the lease of the Hotel in the Old Post Office Building in Washington D.C.

11 Likes

This does not surprise me at all.

I do hope this asshat and his corrupt bank lose every penny and whatever collateral is worthless

9 Likes

What does the Orange Fool have on this guy?

2 Likes

The way that I try to explain it is that if you lie to your insurance company to get a better rate, you have committed fraud even if you don’t make a claim. The property was put up as collateral in case the loan went bad. The banks didn’t want the loan to go bad and if they thought that is was going to go bad they probably wouldn’t have lent him the money.

Edited to add: There are companies that make predatory loans with the intention that they will go bad so that they can seize the collateral. But they usually target poor people, not multi-million dollar business loans.

9 Likes

Or maybe the guy likes Trump and his presidency and he wants Trump as president again… It’s not always blackmail. Some people are genuinely shitty humans who love to see others suffer.

15 Likes

I’d normally just write the billionaire bro off as a piece of shit but Mr. Hankey was a good guy, no comparison. Whatever Don Hankey is, he’s obviously worse. 0_o

3 Likes

If any POTUS was for sale, it’s Lord Dampnut.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.