Billionaire Trumpkin Peter Thiel hosted white nationalist

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/13/billionaire-trumpkin-peter-thi.html

6 Likes

Um any particular reason the white nationalist remains unnamed in the post?

5 Likes

It’s Kevin DeAnna – post’s updated muchly since first edit.

9 Likes

Not familiar with him but SPLC’s write up says it all. GROSS.

6 Likes

In LOTR two people owned Palantir. Would this make him Saruman or Denathor?

8 Likes

Well, I mean, it’s not exactly surprising, unless one thought Peter Thiel was somehow a fascist without being a racist.

18 Likes

Since nobody’s observed the tradition yet:

“Christ, what a whole bunch of assholes.”

14 Likes

Sauron had one too.

7 Likes

Boing Boing, of all places, should know better than to use the euphemism “White Nationalist.”

It’s “White Supremacist” unless you’re trying to normalize [1] genocide.

[1] I so wanted to write “whitewash”

5 Likes

And in case somebody missed what kind of person is that shithead:

4 Likes

Before anyone de-rails into a debate about how good or bad or good Gawker was, the bottom line on that matter is that this thin-skinned billionaire was so upset that a media outlet discussed (in a non-defamatory way) a then open secret about his personal life that he spent 10s of millions of dollars bankrolling someone else’s lawsuit against it in an effort to destroy it. That action stands as more evidence of Thiel’s antipathy toward the institutions of liberal democracy, which he shares with white supremacist scumbags like DeAnna and Il Douche.

If you’ve ever wondered about the kind of wealthy capitalist who not only enables but enthusiastically supports fascist regimes, Thiel fits the bill.

21 Likes

It would be kind of nice if these guys ran off and made their own white ethnostate. I’d be all for it. Having all of them in one place would make it easier to ostracize them.

4 Likes

Thiel and the Real Estate Swindler; does the country need any pair any less?

3 Likes

In case anyone has good knowledge of Palantir alternatives:

“I no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible.”

Well, I no longer believe Peter Thiel and oxygen are compatible, but here we are, with me having the freedom to say so.

5 Likes

Yes. But he’s not the great evil lord - he’s corrupted by choosing to be subservient to him. Sounds more like Saruman- who should have known better having direct knowledge of the evil and wanting his piece of it - but not realizing that he would never rule in concert. Sauron doesn’t share power.

Denethor was more of a tragic figure who gave into despair and was ruled by his pride. He never actually served Sauron as Thiel seems to. If Sauron wins the election he’ll end up in the dungeons. It’s Ernst Rohm redux; to mix metaphors.

7 Likes

yet another example of why to not have billionaires.

5 Likes

Or Neo Nazis works in a pinch. I will not call them Alt Right

4 Likes

This. They’d quickly find out that since the blue collar white people aren’t willing to pick fruit and mow lawns for $4 an hour, they’ll have no labor, and thus no way to build further wealth.

Ironically, this was Robert Heinlein’s thinly veiled dream. Sure, his books were officially about creating libertarian utopias on other planets, but I’ve yet to meet a self-proclaimed libertarian who doesn’t hold some racist ideas deep down.

5 Likes

White nationalists and White supremacists are two different things. The latter believes White people are perfect and everyone else should be subservient to them and the former loves everybody but they want their own segregated space.