Billy Corgan upset

Bless his pointy little head.

(thanks for that one, @cleveremi)

11 Likes

The more text is that he’s an outright terrible person.

6 Likes

It’s okay, I’m sure “libertarian radio host Alex Jones” immediately hit him with some tough questions about whether he thought the ability to use racial slurs without consequence was really the social justice issue of our times.

14 Likes

I want to know more about these “right” racial epithets. Does anyone have a list?

17 Likes

The great thing is that, by trying to pussyfoot around it, he’s done exactly what he feared he might do. So meta.

14 Likes

Here are some I just made up:

• Popcorn-eater (An Indianan)
  • Salt-water taffy (Jersey shore resident)
  • Right-lane passer (British citizen)
  • Meat Smoker (French canadian)
  • Herbed Crouton (Vegetarian)
  • Happy Mutant (us)
25 Likes

He’s right. Political Correctness has reached the point where racists can’t use racist slurs without being accused of racism.

82 Likes

He’s not wrong.

5 Likes

So much for his rap career.

11 Likes

So it is about free speech now …

I do wonder whether he tried to use one of those “wrong racial epithets” in a pub or some other public place frequented by non-white people.

I think that becoming unpopular would be the last of his worries once he has recovered from getting his dumb face smashed in for being an asshole. And that is obviously SJW’s fault, riiight. What an internet hero!

Some people really should not be allowed to allowed to talk to the media for the own good. What an idiot…

2 Likes

He doesn’t look exactly comfortable doing it

The rest of the interview is idiotic, too:

http://www.stereogum.com/1876642/billy-corgan-criticizes-bernie-sanders-trump-protestors-on-infowars/video/

I have my own issues with Bernie Sanders, but this is some weak, dumb shit. Which I guess is expected, given that Corgan is apparently an InfoWarrior (is that what they call themselves?).

4 Likes

Poor Old Charlie Brown - he keeps trying to kick that football.

Someone really should send him one of those iconic Charlie Brown shirts.

6 Likes

24 Likes

Apparently there is a point where people who got famous forget how you get famous. And these people have lost any understanding of the difference between criticism and censorship.

I understand that they are afraid of losing their popularity, wealth and power. But the only reasons they have those things is that they said something people liked. Why does it shock them that saying something people don’t like can make it all go away?

15 Likes

Freedom of speech just means we won’t put you in jail. It does not protect you from the publics reaction. That was never the deal no matter how many racist or sexist dipshits whine about it.

30 Likes

Yes, yes… despite all his rage.

7 Likes

I just don’t understand these people that are upset they can’t use racial epithets anymore?
I just… did you use them that much before? Really? Cuz I need to know that! That is pertinent information to me!

22 Likes

Because free speech, freedom, mumble, mumble, freedom?

8 Likes

“Free Speech” is the Maginot Line of anti-SJW types; they think it is going to protect them against something that it clearly does not.

16 Likes