Still just a rat in a cage.
The poor dear.
I’m not sure where he’s coming from on this. I feel like I need a bit more context, but as it’s presented Corgan comes across like an old man that doesn’t understand the current social climate.
I do get where he’s coming from but complaining about not being able to say racist, sexist things is… Special.
- Reach for the Sky, Honky.
- Honky? Honky?
- “Honky” is a racial epithet used for white people. It was made popular by a man named George Jefferson in the 1970s. You see, he and his wife, Weezie, owned a dry-cleaning business, so they moved on up to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky. They finally got a piece of the pie. Convoluted story I’ll admit, but the point is this… that in the future, all black people will be FREE!
– Dave Chappelle, Time Haters
Is that for real?? Billy Corgan smiling may be the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen.
Take some time before you open your mouth and remove all doubt that you are an asshole.
The more text is that he’s an outright terrible person.
It’s okay, I’m sure “libertarian radio host Alex Jones” immediately hit him with some tough questions about whether he thought the ability to use racial slurs without consequence was really the social justice issue of our times.
I want to know more about these “right” racial epithets. Does anyone have a list?
The great thing is that, by trying to pussyfoot around it, he’s done exactly what he feared he might do. So meta.
Here are some I just made up:
- Popcorn-eater (An Indianan)
- Salt-water taffy (Jersey shore resident)
- Right-lane passer (British citizen)
- Meat Smoker (French canadian)
- Herbed Crouton (Vegetarian)
- Happy Mutant (us)
He’s right. Political Correctness has reached the point where racists can’t use racist slurs without being accused of racism.
He’s not wrong.
So much for his rap career.
So it is about free speech now …
I do wonder whether he tried to use one of those “wrong racial epithets” in a pub or some other public place frequented by non-white people.
I think that becoming unpopular would be the last of his worries once he has recovered from getting his dumb face smashed in for being an asshole. And that is obviously SJW’s fault, riiight. What an internet hero!
Some people really should not be allowed to allowed to talk to the media for the own good. What an idiot…
He doesn’t look exactly comfortable doing it
The rest of the interview is idiotic, too:
I have my own issues with Bernie Sanders, but this is some weak, dumb shit. Which I guess is expected, given that Corgan is apparently an InfoWarrior (is that what they call themselves?).