Billy Corgan upset

Poor Old Charlie Brown - he keeps trying to kick that football.

Someone really should send him one of those iconic Charlie Brown shirts.

6 Likes

24 Likes

Apparently there is a point where people who got famous forget how you get famous. And these people have lost any understanding of the difference between criticism and censorship.

I understand that they are afraid of losing their popularity, wealth and power. But the only reasons they have those things is that they said something people liked. Why does it shock them that saying something people don’t like can make it all go away?

15 Likes

Freedom of speech just means we won’t put you in jail. It does not protect you from the publics reaction. That was never the deal no matter how many racist or sexist dipshits whine about it.

30 Likes

Yes, yes… despite all his rage.

7 Likes

I just don’t understand these people that are upset they can’t use racial epithets anymore?
I just… did you use them that much before? Really? Cuz I need to know that! That is pertinent information to me!

22 Likes

Because free speech, freedom, mumble, mumble, freedom?

8 Likes

“Free Speech” is the Maginot Line of anti-SJW types; they think it is going to protect them against something that it clearly does not.

16 Likes

Obligatory xkcd:

41 Likes

That is a beautiful simile

10 Likes

I sincerely want to know the people that are upset they can’t use racial epithets, just so I know to avoid them. Its a handy screening device!

8 Likes

That’s it for you, my friend, expect the SJW censorship squad at your door any moment.

“Free Speech” has become a sexist/racist dog whistle.

11 Likes

I honestly don’t know. These are the people who get pissed when black people use that word in songs (or say it at the correspondence dinner). I think, whether they realize/acknowledge or not, it’s a control thing. They don’t like that people they consider themselves better than can do something they can’t. But I don’t know what the justification might be, other than “free speech”.

11 Likes

26 Likes

I love love loved all the uproar with “Becky” recently. Trying to say that was a racial epithet against white people. LOL - no.

People are weird. Thats all I got.

7 Likes

The racial epithet that ruined his career was Zwan

3 Likes

Wait… people thought Becky was a dig at white people? God, I swear, some white people think literally EVERYTHING is about them don’t they? What a bunch of racist narcissists!

10 Likes

He did that in about… 1993?

I do actually see his point, and ALSO the myopia from the bubble he is in. He’s not wrong per se, but wow is he forgetting his privilege.

Hipsters unite
Come align for the big fight to rock      for you
But beware
All those angels with their wings glued on
1 Like

I can see how Corgan is confused, though. I mean, if you go back and listen to those old Smashing Pumpkins songs, the lyrics are just a stream of hundreds of racial epithets strung together without any apparent meaning (I know he slurs the words a little so you can get kind of hear something else).

It’s easy to get the idea they’d say down was up if it meant they could disagree with someone with dark skin.

2 Likes

Becky is a “racist” term often used to describe a generic white girl.

So says the most basic white girl of all time, Iggy Azalea :wink:

2 Likes