Biscuit package looks like it has naughty word on it

[Read the post]

1 Like

ā€œIn an EngLiSH CoUNTry GaRDenā€

So whatā€™s the rest of the code or joke? IELSHCUNTGRD? Or are the rest of the letters a red herring to make it sound like the obvious joke was an accident? One thing is for sure: this will not be well received in Scunthorpe.

5 Likes

Why have randomly capitalized letters in the first place?

7 Likes

I will NOT have you speaking ill of the Welsh cuntgrounds.

11 Likes

Was this posted just for the cunning stunt joke?

4 Likes

Can yoU NoT suggest that word, please?

1 Like

I wonder if the designer was just seeing if he could get away with it and did?
Also am I the only who immediately thought Rosebud Frozen Peas?

1 Like

Oh noes.
The bad words.

12 Likes

Thereā€™s a TV commercial in the USA that takes place in a grocery store. At the end someone is standing in front of the ā€œEggsā€ sign in such a way that it blatantly appears as ā€œFagsā€. Apparently, no one has complained as the commercial is still running after at least a year.

1 Like

I have heard that on a main road into Scunthorpe someone, starting many miles out of town, has been busy with a paint brush on the signs for the town.

1 Like

That would be this one:

3 Likes

Cunning stUNT?

2 Likes

either because of apple, or they want to be 1337 or they just really really loved the movie eXistenZ

2 Likes

I really, really loved that movie. Way more than anyone should. I still have my dvd copy in the basement.

3 Likes

I still prefer the new flesh.

1 Like

I thought they were playing off the song ā€˜In an English Country Gardenā€™ (well, I think itā€™s called that anyway) and trying to emphasise the cadence of the tune. I found myself sorta singing that in my head when I read it, though with the, ah, alternative lyrics that I learned in primary schoolā€¦

1 Like

God forbid these delicate souls should ever see Hamlet, which contains almost exactly the same pun.

5 Likes

Me too! Lets watch it. Iā€™ll bring the popcorn and we can order out for fish soup and make guns out of the bones!

2 Likes

Uh ohā€¦it looks like thereā€™s something in the country garden.

4 Likes

But letters are emphasized, not syllables. How would that match the meter?