Bits of T. Rex tissue survived for millions of years

[Permalink]

make it happen:

But what does it taste like?

2 Likes

Pet T-Rex for when? It is a privilege that shouldn’t be lived only through Pokemon.
Although, feeding one has to cost an arm and a leg. I hope not literally.
Maybe little cuddly mini-T-rexes?

Collagen? Not so good in my opinion, even when it’s a lot fresher.

You know, if they had only left out the T. rex, velociraptors, and dilophosaurus, Jurassic Park would have been less a parable about the dangers of playing God, and more a pleasant stroll through a tropical park full of amazing creatures, maybe watch out for eye contact and bugs.

2 Likes

The Daily Mail will be reporting this as T-Rex had cellulite.

3 Likes

I wonder whether there is a better term to use for the headline than “survived.” My first thought was that meant living cells rather than tissue that is still extant and non-fossilized.

2 Likes

surely, as soft tissue clearly couldn’t last millions of years, this merely proves the Young Earthers are correct?

2 Likes

Not to mention the diplodocus they found with a fish sticker on its ass.

4 Likes

Headline: Dinosaurs could become unnecessary burden on welfare system, should be deported say experts

Top comment: Good job “scientists”, what about our CURRENT TIME animals in our CURRENT TIME zoos? Lazy, job stealing past-timers THE LOT OF EM.

3 Likes

Just like chicken.

When I shared this article on FB, the preview pic was for the 2013 gift guide. I hope that’s enough of a hint for my friends.

2 Likes

Just think of the potential health and beauty products. After all, T. Rex isn’t on the endangered list, right?

I’ve given up with thumbnails being accurate. One that looks interesting, but non-specific’s as good as you’ll get.

Eh - I am still skeptical on this whole “soft tissue” hubajoo. I have a friend who has done research into it and he believes the “soft tissue” is bacterial bio film. The iron nanoparticles the article refers to are called frambroids and are found else where where there is no blood, such as an ammonite shell. They are found in other places beside fossils and aren’t necessarily caused by blood in anyway.

Biofilm isn’t as romantic as dino tissue, but I think it’s a more likely origin.

He had a really good poster outlining his findings, but I can’t seem to find it, but here is a copy of a published paper.

There’s some good back and forth on this going on, in all places, at Talking Points Memo:

Spoiling All the Fun

versus

Do I Get My Dinosaur or Not?

Bits of T. Rex tissue survived for millions of years.

Cool… but how did they blow their noses with it, with such tiny arms?

Oh. Oh. Sorry.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.