Bizarre text messages sent to wrong number

[Read the post]

1 Like

And people wonder why I donā€™t ever answer numbers I donā€™t recognizeā€¦

22 Likes

I sometimes wonder if there are a lot of female dogs named ā€œKarmaā€ (or indeed ā€œCarmaā€, as in this case)

6 Likes

I have a relative named Carma, but sheā€™s not a dog.

6 Likes

No, sheā€™s right. Carma IS a bitch.

10 Likes

I really wonder what all this texting is doing to peopleā€™s brains.

4 Likes

My Dogma.was run over by Carma.

6 Likes

Itā€™s certainly a mental exercise trying to decipher them!

5 Likes

I was wondering if he/she wasnā€™t talking about karma, but some other woman named ā€œCARMANā€, since the text was ā€œCARMA N IS THE REAL BITCHā€-- with so much poor spelling and ā€œgrammerā€ there is a lot of room for interpretation. I probably would have started defending ā€œmy good friend Carmanā€, a la ā€œWhy bring Carman into this, she is not a bitch, she happens to be a Coptic nun and and she has never even met Dawn!ā€

6 Likes

Yeah the ā€˜stroke girlā€™ phrase really creeped me out.

2 Likes

I just hope the person doing all that texting wasnā€™t driving at the same time. Then again it might explain a few things.

4 Likes

My take is that Dawn, who just suffered a stroke, relayed the wrong phone number to her relative, who is understandably distraught and lashing out haphazardly while trying to juggle logistics around getting Dawn safely home.

8 Likes

Even with the information that was scrubbed out, it seems like it would still be relatively easy for a bored and empathy-challenged group of internet trolls to identify and harass this person, who, while comically presented, seems to have actually had to deal with some shit. Why not continuing scrubbing, a-la [city name, state name] and b______ and T________ ? Maybe Bobbie and Travis are psychopaths, and the caller really has had to deal with a mind-bending web of lies, or vice-versa. The whole thing comes off more mean spirited than funny.

3 Likes

I got a gmail account early and chose my first name, a dot, then my last name for my address. Iā€™ve learned a lot about all the other people with my name. Glad this doesnā€™t happen with texts.

8 Likes

Hmmm. Are we related? My mother and my cousin are both named Carma, and theyā€™re the only two Iā€™ve ever heard of with that spelling.

I agree. I thought the timing of the ā€œjokeā€ was not so funny. The texter seemed to be dealing with a friend or relative (Dawn) who not only had had a stroke, but appeared to have a lot of drama going on around them complicating the situation. Texter seemed to also be part of the drama, IMHO, but I didnā€™t think it was kind to make fun of her.

Hereā€™s an example of how to do it right:

9 Likes

I dunno, I think she got the right number and this ā€œthebearpokerā€ is lying! That makes the most sense!

4 Likes

It bothered me too because I thought ā€œstroke girlā€ was a back-formation from ā€œstroke magazine.ā€

2 Likes

My first reaction is to wonder if the person who initiated the text exchange might be suffering from some mental illness (bipolar)? Perhaps not entirely cool to push her buttons.

5 Likes

People apply this same steadfast logic (No way Iā€™m wrong ! Canā€™t fool me!) to voting. Le sigh.

1 Like