Björk talking about her TV (1988)

For all that she’s lovely, I wish she’d not been sticking her fingers in there next to that big ol’ CRT! Still, she must have survived.

Is it? I’ve only seen in in that video… but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

Bjork rules, though.

yes except the poet was saying that because your brain is busy reassembling the image that you’re susceptible to swallowing its lies wholesale. there’s not much science around that statement.

1 Like

I believe this is from an art piece by the artist Alex Bag. It’s a great piece where Bag plays an art student at different points in their art school careers. You can see the Bjork portion around the 26:04 mark, but the whole video is worth checking out. I’m not positive the Bjork portion was made specifically for the piece or not.

you can watch it at UbuWeb here:

http://ubu.com/film/bag_fall95.html

5 Likes

I’ve got to admit, I signed on to quote/comment on “You shouldn’t let poets lie to you”, apparently along with half the commenters here.

Having said that, I now feel that I should try to meet some Danish and/or Icelandic poets. And promise that will take anything they say with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Bjork is living proof of alien/human hybridization.
She is her own species.
In a good way.

5 Likes

Hah! You’ve proven my point. See my comment…

Hmm. Quick search shows just quotes to her - so maybe I heard her say it before?

I like some of her music. She has an almost magical appearance though.

1 Like

One is set to local time, the other to bjork time. I assume bjork exists in a reality that only intersects with our own, thus the need to know what time we’re on.

1 Like

I like how the microphone in the frame furthered the behind the scenes of tech theme. Or maybe the sound person was tuning in other productions over those little (for the time) antennas.

Ok, I cringed every time she put her fingers near the CRT… Those suckers can hold a serious charge.

Why do people refer to televisions as “TV”, anyway? I have researched and never found any explanation for this.

Björk’s accent/voice is the best thing ever.

Also: Björk is the best thing ever.

3 Likes

Some degree of truth, however.

Because “T” is ambiguous and “telly” makes you sound stupid. (Sorry Brits, it’s true.)

And why don’t we call phones "TP"s?

I don’t know if I agree… people take in mass media through their own subjective lens, yeah? Just assuming that they are “swallowing it whole” doesn’t do the reality justice, I think. Maybe it’s more a case where the media works as a reinforcing mechanism? The media we take in reinforce or challenge our world views, and are categorized accordingly in our brains? Or read through whatever subjective reality we hold in our brains…?

2 Likes

It sounds much better with a penguin on it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.