Black bear takes over a picnic and eats all 10 hamburgers on the grill (video)

Originally published at: Black bear takes over a picnic and eats all 10 hamburgers on the grill (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Initial reaction: amusement
Next reaction: I hope it didn’t get burned by a hot grill
Final reaction: grim reflection on the phrase “A fed bear is a dead bear”

6 Likes

bear share GIF by GaryVee

3 Likes

I hope this doesn’t somehow prompt wildlife officials to put down the bears :grimacing:

6 Likes

Bearing is caring.

2 Likes

Typical American diet — double cheeseburger followed up with a Diet Coke.

4 Likes

I have also been guilty of showing up at a party, seeing everyone else make excuses to leave, and choosing to finish off all the food as consolation.

5 Likes

So last weekend I traveled from my Southern California home to a National Park in Utah, and when I got home I learned from my neighbor that while I was off enjoying nature a bear had attempted to enter my backyard. (Which is only fair, I guess.) It got frustrated by the metal gate and then walked next door and pushed open the wooden gate to my neighbor’s yard instead, where it proceeded to eat fruit from her trees, as well as dig through her garbage. So far I haven’t heard about local bears getting put down so hopefully it wandered back home and is still ok.

5 Likes

That’s some serious om-nom-nomming going on with that bear.

Cuteness aside, it is worrying that wild animals are increasingly being pushed into urban and suburban environments instead of their natural habitats.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Hungry Yogi Bear GIF by Boomerang Official

13 Likes

John Belushi Cheese Burger GIF - John Belushi Cheese Burger Hungry - Discover & Share GIFs

6 Likes

Furry food burglar

5 Likes

Isn’t there a film about this? Coke Bear?

2 Likes

Diet Coke Bear is the sequel

9 Likes

Was that grill hot?

The bear seemed pretty familiar with the working of that lid. Practice? Or lids are lids?

1 Like

and that’s terrible.

2 Likes

unbearable

4 Likes

… um, it was all natural bear habitat until people decided to put urbs and suburbs on top of it

6 Likes

Well, we can all argue in circles about who is on whose patch of land, whether the bear knows how to work a BBQ lid and whether burgers and coke are a healthy bear diet.
But I think we’ve all missed the important question.

Did he choose mustard or ketchup?

4 Likes