Black bear invites himself to a picnic, eats with stunned family (video)

Originally published at: Black bear invites himself to a picnic, eats with stunned family (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Hungry Irish Football GIF by Northern Ireland

8 Likes

giphy-3611573599

6 Likes

Very impressed by how the family handled it. I’ve been conditioned by internet videos to expect shrieking, hooting, and selfies. The way the mother averted her eyes to avoid provoking the bear demonstrates crazy self-control and respect for the animal.

11 Likes

Man that’s scary.

2 Likes

From 2020, same park

1 Like

Oh, TODAY’S the day the teddy bears are having their picnic; I thought that was tomorrow.

10 Likes

Yeah, this is the same frosty reaction I get when I show up to strangers’ picnics naked on all fours and snarfle their food directly off the table. Everyone’s so uptight.

7 Likes

My immediate thought was “wow that bear isn’t even 2x the size of my dog”:

Followed by “oh geez, 2x the size of my dog is a lot bigger then I would want a strange animal wondering loose near me, even if temporarily distracted by eating my lunch”

Followed by all the thoughts of “that family is really smart not panicking…I would panic…”

Followed by “gosh their lunch looks great! Looked great!” Followed by “my dogs would eat that way faster, especially the little blonde dog – she inhales food”!

3 Likes

Far too welcoming. Where is Mr. Ranger?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.