Black cats in line for an audition in Hollywood, 1961

Originally published at: Black cats in line for an audition in Hollywood, 1961 | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Huh. Cats will queue. Way to keep me surprised, cats!

What’s up with this one, though? Did she not read the catsing call?

13 Likes

i believe there was a Life magazine cover with cast and feline extras

imdb

13 Likes

Maybe just there to get practice for some future casting call?

10 Likes

Ah yes. Practice makes purrfect.

6 Likes

The movie is available on Pluto for free, it’s been a while but it used to be played on the Saturday morning creature feature shows.

Black Sabbath is a similar trilogy from the same era with three terrifying stories.

I love movies from that era because they could be very scary without gratuitous gore and sex.

10 Likes

:open_mouth:

10 Likes

Okay, now I know that your previous comment wasn’t just a typo :laughing:

7 Likes

The article says that the white cat was there with a black cat from the same owner, to keep the potential star calm

Either that, or it was the agent for one of the other cats.

4 Likes

Direct to streaming??
tenor-2122228692

14 Likes

I watched The Raven a few weeks ago; a Roger Corman special also with Vincent Price and Peter Lorre, but with added Boris Karloff. It’s more comedy than horror and dials the camp up to eleven (even by Vincent Price standards). It also has a young Jack Nicholson in a supporting role. Well worth the time.

12 Likes

Criterion had a bunch of these Corman/Poe flicks streaming last month, including Tales of Terror - a perfect ramp up to Halloween!

6 Likes

Clips from The Raven are reused in “Targets”. The entire film is a wonderful example of waste-not-want-not.

3 Likes

This cat was obviously auditioning for the role of Switch.

f6173e93c8cf89a8453b09cf75f8120d

6 Likes

6 Likes

I love the guy in the original picture who’s got a 35mm film camera in one hand and a Rolleiflex hanging around his neck. His other hand, and his face, tell is he’s wondering what the #( he’s doing there and if this job is really worth it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.