Black Lives Matter. Still

A Black man collecting news is very threatening to certain people, I guess. “Certain” people.

14 Likes

So are Black children :rage::

15 Likes
11 Likes

Catching up with Michael Harriot’s latest on Jan. 6 and BLM protests:

15 Likes

Wow. Nailed it.

The police response to the BLM protests in Portland used so much CS gas that it poisoned the soil and caused respiratory symptoms in people miles away who never left their own house. The river water in Astoria, Oregon, tested positive for CS residue 75 river miles downstream diluted in the 50,000 cubic feet per second Willamette River and the 265,000 cfs Columbia River.

14 Likes
9 Likes

ah, headline writers

“Police in Phoenix are under fire…”

police in phoenix are facing justifiable criticism, and no one in city government cares.

Weeks after the incident, Journal reporter Dion Rabouin told ABC15 that he received a call from a police official saying they had reviewed what happened and found nothing wrong

if that’s “under fire” i’m not sure how’d they would describe actually seeing some real consequences for once

15 Likes
15 Likes
12 Likes

File under “This is what systemic racism looks like”

I do not believe for a second that doctors set out to let Black patients die, and yet the system is set up for exactly that outcome. This is systemic racism, y’all.

Experts say the reasoning behind those disparities isn’t entirely clear. “A higher incidence of genetic changes associated with more aggressive disease may be one cause. However, other causes—such as reduced access to healthcare and higher uninsured rates—are equally important,” said Dr. Paul Corn, interim chair of genitourinary medical oncology at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.

There is no evidence whatsoever for Black cancers being inherently more aggressive. This is speculating to avoid the obvious conclusin.

17 Likes

JFC, how long ago was the Joyce Ann Brown case?

17 Likes

And now through no fault of her own she’ll always have to answer yes to the question “have you ever been arrested”. That’ll help her chances of employment.

14 Likes

That “mistake” costed Hudson six days without her five medications.

Oh man, I feel that one. Some medications are dangerous to go off cold turkey like that, and some, well you’re taking them to stave off major medical issues, so now those symptoms are running wild again.

13 Likes

Reveal talking about a well-known photography from the Civil Rights era and the fact that he also took photos for the Feds:

15 Likes
14 Likes
11 Likes
17 Likes

The school is 90% minority students.

It’s not just the one word. Every single thing about this assignment is offensive. (Plus, misspellings.)

15 Likes

Trigger word scramble?? I suspect this teacher thought they were being clever and owning the libs, but seriously, how did this person ever make it into teaching, and why?

12 Likes

Unfortunately, there is a serious teacher shortage. So that’s how. As to why? To hurt children’s emotional health
there will be districts in Texas that do not think this act is disqualifying

Oh No Facepalm GIF by Aminé

12 Likes