Black mom wins $2m settlement after being dragged from car and beaten by Philly cops who then posed for photo op with her "rescued" toddler

Originally published at: Black mom wins $2m settlement after being dragged from car and beaten by Philly cops who then posed for photo op with her "rescued" toddler | Boing Boing

14 Likes

police reform is coming one way or another

20 Likes

A pity that the city taxpayers well be fitting the bill and the thugs that committed the crimes won’t pay a penny.

47 Likes

The police union and its warrior culture is really delivering value to the taxpayers of Philadelphia.

39 Likes

The word “settlement” usually means charges are dropped and officers are not reprimanded. Is that the case here?

11 Likes

A couple of officers were fired and the rest of the mob is being internally investigated.

32 Likes

This was a civil suit. The officers were never charged with anything, so charges couldn’t be dropped. Two of the officers were fired.

I’d really like some accountability for the FOP for that post, but not sure how that would happen

24 Likes

ACAB

jjablhjbljhbljhb lj bjhbbljb,zmnbljvbalhjb,manvb,bjnb,n

12 Likes

We are the only thing standing between order and anarchy

Just pick a side, would ya?

23 Likes

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney called the treatment of Young “absolutely appalling” and “inexcusable.”

And, surprisingly, the officers were fired. Wow.

14 Likes

Yes we know, all cops aren’t bullies. The ones who aren’t are just willing to tolerate/protect the ones who are.

16 Likes

ACAB. No exceptions
jennifer lawrence middle finger GIF

17 Likes

“Let’s break a window, pull a woman out of her car and beat her and then photo op with the kid like we rescued him! We’ll be heroes!”

Sounds like a dark fucked up, unrealistic, scheme by Dennis in Always Sunny.

Fuck all those cops, they should all be fired.

20 Likes

According to osha, policing is the 14th most dangerous job in America.
That’s why they need full body armor to do it and “retire” after twenty years of the stress. Just like those in the 11th most dangerous job: grounds maintenance workers.

25 Likes

I’m just wondering who is paying for this settlement, People taxes?

3 Likes

Cop shown infecting a toddler with covid.

8 Likes

I Bet Lil Yachty GIF by Genius

3 Likes

Oh, how I wish this context had a different flavor.

7 Likes

That would be me, I’m afraid.

3 Likes

Is it a rule for police unions that their communications must be completely tone-deaf, awful, and wrong?

5 Likes