Black Pathers armed with rifles demonstrate against shooting

3 Likes

Good for them. That’s at least two black men unlikely to get shot today so this is a good thing.

19 Likes

But can’t you see? It’s the exact same kind of extremism going on at state capitals that you liberals are so upset about!! ExACTlY tHE sAME!!

Edit: Do I really need to add a sarcasm tag?

22 Likes

Nope. I see masks on some of the protesters.

These are people who don’t want to die. As opposed to people who want to kill off others.

5 Likes

Exactly the same!! Except, you know, for body count, violent incidents, overall assholery. Other than that, and just about everything else, EXACTLY THE SAME!!

21 Likes

Bullshirt.

3 Likes

The past is prologue.

19 Likes

Woo hoo, those “Black Pathers” are really paving a new path!

7 Likes

Man. The comments are not too bad on that article, but anything vaguely on the side of, “they shouldn’t have shot that guy” is heavily downvoted. I would wager a lot of shitty comments got deleted.

6 Likes

Switch the berets to MAGA hats, toss in a couple swatikas and Confederate flags, and you’d think it’s a Trump rally.

2 Likes

You’ll never see armed black men at a Trump rally - maybe you could organize that?

15 Likes

lol…Very true.

4 Likes

The little details about the participants having a) a valid reason to protest and b) actual courage don’t show up too well in a photograph, do they?

11 Likes

Shiny!

6 Likes

“If only they stood for all the exact opposite things they’d be just like the bad guys” doesn’t strike me as especially ironic.

11 Likes

It is when you consider that seems to be the disingenuous point which the OP is making - a false equivalency between ‘punching up’ and ‘punching down.’

8 Likes

Not going to call them “thugs” this time?

7 Likes

I don’t see any sign these people pretending they are engaging in peaceful protest. They are bringing guns precisely to scare the bejesus out of the police and public

1 Like

No. They are bringing guns as a means of self-defense. The Panther’s first collective action back in the 60s was following cops in Oakland and ensuring that their community members were not beaten or shot at traffic stops.

18 Likes

Self defense, violent reaction or retaliation to violence. Nothing against it if one is being honest about such purposes.

It is not a pretense of peaceful protest like the Branch Covidians and “open carry” types claim.