Black students suspended for protesting racist white students in Georgia

Originally published at: Black students suspended for protesting racist white students in Georgia | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Fuck that racist school administration.

39 Likes

Well, of course. First, this is a school, after all – a place of thought. The flag-waving students were, as always, acting without thinking so no harm done. The others were thinking about disrupting the school and that’s intolerable. Second, the only real racism in the United States is anti-White racism and so any actions against the White students – including the White informers, of course, would have been intolerably racist.

/s

24 Likes

Hark! Apologists swooping in to say the situation is more complicated than we realize in 3, 2, 1. . .

30 Likes

Well of course it is - I mean the racists got called out for being racists - that’s supposed to be against the rules or something isn’t it? (/s to be safe)

That’s a new way of saying ‘being black’ - pretty sure that was coined during the BLM protests by doucheboy in chief.

19 Likes

The adults in the situation know that waving a Confederate flag around is too flamboyant- just make sure every routine decision holds unmistakable discrimination towards and contempt for Black people and everyone will get the message loud and clear.

9 Likes

Even the term “encouraging unrest” as a negative is hypocritical:

encouraging … giving courage

unrest … not being satisfied with how things are

It’s how all of history has ever been made.

Good trouble, good trouble everywhere.

21 Likes

This is my home town… it’s totally unsurprising that this kind of thing happened at Coosa. You have 5 public HS in the county, and the vast majority of Black students are in the main city school (Rome HS), which until 1992 (the year I was a Freshman!!!) were two separate schools! I’m sure you can guess why… the rest of the schools are in more rural parts of the county and had much whiter demographics. I went to school (about 1000 students) with around a dozen or so Black students… The area around Coosa is pretty deep MTG territory. There is a purple swath in Rome proper, but outside of the actual city is pretty much Trump country.

34 Likes

That’s tomorrow’s leaders showing us how it’s fucking done!

13 Likes

And the school administrators refuse to talk to the news folks…

We see you, we see you.

17 Likes

I’m glad that I still have to carefully parse this sentence; wondering why Magic the Gathering is so popular in this area. Hopefully Taylor-Green will be expunged from history before her initials gain traction in my nerd-brain.

22 Likes

Fucking cowards. They’re the dog that shit on the floor then hides under the bed knowing you’ll rub it’s nose in it.

2 Likes

Youre Wrong Episode 2 GIF by Big Little Lies

It’s MAGAts: the Gathering.

12 Likes

Yes, the infection spreads among the “Beige” * youth ~

*( The natural shade of color of my fellow caucasians. If you are “White”, you’re an albino,
a condition that exists among all the so called “Races”.)

3 Likes

Nope; you can’t have ‘Beige’; that’s us biracial peeps.

Manila, salmon, crepe, light peach, carnation, baby pink; those are all yours, if you like.

11 Likes

Oh, o.k., I’ll go with “Pink”, it’s sure to enrage the MAGA crowd !!!

3 Likes

Don’t forget foods! Sesame, biscuit dough, shrimp, thousand island dressing…

5 Likes

Mayonnaise…

6 Likes

The fucked up thing is, it applies to both groups of students. It’s just that the racists, waving their flag and celebrating their “Heritage (of racism)”, will be doing it with all the privileges that white adults feel entitled to and the protesters will still be stuck in a rigged system, but with teargas and violence for their troubles.

2 Likes

Ridiculing racists and racism by casting them as the lowest common denominator of humanity has everything to do with the subject at hand.

Demythologizing the Confederate flag: ditto.