BlacKkKlansman

Just going to leave this here:

Looks like a trip to the theater to see how many MAGA hats attend…

5 Likes
8 Likes

It’s won’t be the movie that makes him look stupid, it’s that robe with the pointy hood.

7 Likes

Also, whenever the dip shit opens his mouth.

7 Likes

Truth!

David Duke is the poster child for “Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.”

5 Likes

That’s really the problem with these assholes. They ARE stupid.

An interesting Superman reference from the comment thread of @Mindysan33 's post:

“In the post-World War II era, the Klan experienced a huge resurgence. Its membership was skyrocketing, and its political influence was increasing, so Kennedy went undercover to infiltrate the group. By regularly attending meetings, he became privy to the organization’s secrets. But when he took the information to local authorities, they had little interest in using it. The Klan had become so powerful and intimidating that police were hesitant to build a case against them.”

“Struggling to make use of his findings, Kennedy approached the writers of the Superman radio serial. It was perfect timing. With the war over and the Nazis no longer a threat, the producers were looking for a new villain for Superman to fight. The KKK was a great fit for the role.”

“As the storyline progressed, the shows exposed many of the KKK’s most guarded secrets. By revealing everything from code words to rituals, the program completely stripped the Klan of its mystique. Within two weeks of the broadcast, KKK recruitment was down to zero. And by 1948, people were showing up to Klan rallies just to mock them.”

4 Likes

Brilliant.

My only issue–and this is perhaps a product of my age–is that Tim Meadows isn’t involved.

3 Likes

Somehow Topher Grace has made an interesting niche in his post That 70’s Show career playing bland colorless villains. This is like the fourth movie in a row where he was playing a bad guy.

David Duke can go die in a fire for all I care. His concerns mean nothing to me.

4 Likes

As a Finn, I’m feeling a mix of amusement and genuine if utterly silly pride that Jasper Pääkkönen has made it into the movie.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Selections from a recent interview with Spike Lee:

3 Likes

Look I’m not normally one to umlaut-shame but that guy is clearly abusing the privilege.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.