#BlackLivesMatter

3 Likes

that’s fucked up.

3 Likes

Finished watching Southern Rites with my kids just a few minutes ago. I recommend it highly.

3 Likes

Wonder what @Mindysan33 thinks of that.

2 Likes

I think it’s probably much weirder than that, if J. Edgar Hoover is any example. They are probably requiring underling feds to research these topics, then surveilling underling feds because they are reading about this topic. Feds at the top excuse themselves from being considered subversive … or maybe they don’t realize who else is surveilling them.

1 Like

Is that on the Netflix streaming? Or do I have to add it to my DVD queue?

Very interested in seeing it… While my school growing up in N. GA, strictly speaking, was not segregated, and black and white kids went to the prom together, it’s important to note how much tension still existed around issues of race.

4 Likes

Ah. Hm. I acquired it by “alternate” means?

1 Like

This isn’t completely #BLM, but it is an …‘odd?’ … ‘metaphysical?’ …twitter exchange between the author and some rando gomer-gait rando heckler…until…

follow the threads for the reveal.

https://twitter.com/theshrillest/status/632948838723026944

1 Like

I Watched 14 Police Officers Take Down a One-Legged Homeless Black Man Outside Twitter HQ
And nobody could stop them.

2 Likes

That’s horrible… I’m glad this was documented at least and I hope the man gets something out of this.

1 Like
2 Likes

Don’t think Clinton came off so well.

1 Like

I’m not linking to it, but the resident “ethics in gaming journalism” mouthpiece over at brietbart has joined other regressive rags in questioning the ethnicity of one of the more vocal voices of the BLM movement.

It feels pretty slimy, but I think it notable that the connections between barely concealed racism, punching down, right-wing politics, and :video_game: :crocodile: seem to continue to reinforce each other.

Update: it made the NYT, I’ll link to that.

Hard to not see the glee in his attackers - they are clearly enjoying trying to discredit and undermine BLM. Sick.

3 Likes

Shaun King tells his side, a story I’m sure he’d prefer to not have to be forced to tell.

I’d like to think that provoking someone to reveal their family’s laundry to the world would make the reporters feel small, but nope, they’re doubling down. And for what, really, if not to undermine one of the more visible proponents of BLM?

2 Likes

This is heart breaking and shows the depths some will sink to. Fuck Breitbart. This is not the first time they’ve worked to discredit people doing good in our country, either… if you remember the woman “caught” on tape talking about “denying” white people federal help…

2 Likes

8 Likes
1 Like

This is uncharitable of me, but fuck it, it’s the weekend.

13 Likes

Is that blue thing on the right side of the table a bong? These are different Republicans than we have here!

1 Like

OG Durham County, down the road from me, is full of communists :smile:

3 Likes