#BlackLivesMatter

6 Likes

The trickle-down effect…from the federal government, to state, and ultimately to local jurisdictions.

4 Likes

Wealth doesn’t trickle down, but bad policy sure does.

9 Likes

Not sure where to post this. Some people seem to think this was a lynching.

6 Likes

Just watched The Skin We’re In last night on CBC.

I don’t have a link to watch it online right now, but you can read about it here:

(Ignore automatically generated headline, the link goes to the right article)

This was very painful to watch.

3 Likes
2 Likes

There was a kid at my university who was found dead of an apparent suicide. I saw it in the paper and thought it was sad and not much beyond that, obviously wrapped up in my own business. Later I was talking to my coworker at the museum, who’s like me: A university student who’s interning there. He’s black and brought it up while we were talking about the shady side of the town we live in. He was telling me that no one in the black community thinks it was a suicide. That his white frat brothers didn’t show up for his funeral and that something stank to high heaven in the whole affair. His parents believe it was a lynching. I… have a hard fucking time not believing them the more I look into it. In a university town like this? Frats can get away with murder. The more I look into it, the more I don’t know what to believe. People go into denial about suicide, that happens. But some of the old-school frats here… I don’t put this past them. At all.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.