#BlackLivesMatter

Sky.

You have to wonder what Ralph thinks of his little brother. The talent doesn’t seem to be divided equally. This is a bit of a step down from playing Shakespeare in the ‘best’ film of 1998.

2 Likes

Ah. Still.

2 Likes

Joseph: “Nobody got upset when YOU played a pale-skinned noseless weirdo who had problematic relationships with children!”

9 Likes

I can’t believe that’s not the first thing EVERYBODY saw.

9 Likes

That first one is Eric Trump.

7 Likes

He’s a shifty one.

4 Likes

I’m not familiar enough with Jack White.

For me, it was more “Muppet Angel.”

I think it’s the nose that did it.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is good news, or if it took the internet giving the network a collective WTF, but…

5 Likes

Sky TV: But he said "it don’t matter if you’re black or whi—"
World: THAT’S NOT WHAT HE MEANT

15 Likes

https://twitter.com/cityofbiloxi/status/820047337863151618

Via @xeni

10 Likes
9 Likes

MLK Jr. Day, you mean?

SMH

9 Likes

I feel weird giving that a like.

7 Likes

At least they didn’t explicitly call it Robert E Lee Day, right?

12 Likes

Just wait, there’ll be some new national holidays soon. Is Trump’s birthday in the summer?

3 Likes

Great minds think alike…I was thinking about Arizona too!

3 Likes

5 Likes

You could pick up the new album (RTJ 3), which is supposed to be pretty politically. There are some political tracks on RTJ 1 & 2, as well.

I only have like 2 Killer Mike Albums (I pledge alligiance to the grind 2 and R.A.P album, which has his first work with El-P and his classics Ghetto Gospel and Reagan). @noahdjango might have more recommendations for his solo work and for El-P’s solo work (which I haven’t gotten into yet).

And yes, Nobody Speak has been my families’ happy place lately!

2 Likes

El P (as in El Producto, like the cigars) started with the group Company Flow with Bigg Jus and DJ Mr. Len. Their album Funcrusher was, well, not fun. Srs Bsns. No club hits, just super grimy underground backpack skills. So they put it out independently and were basically the first to go that route. His label, Def Jux was created for that but Funcrusher got better known once it was reissued by Rawkus as Funcrusher Plus. He’s got verses on a ton of Def Jux stuff and I assume RTJ is released on Def Jux but I’ve never seen physical copies to peep the label. FC+ was a bit too dogmatically about skillz even for me, but I really dig this joint feat. J-Treads:

and another appearance he did with Mos Def and Mike Zoot is a favorite

on the political tip, this Co Flow joint on the (amazing) Soundbombing 2 mixtape is pretty tight

there is a live version where they use David Bowie saying “God is an American” as the loop, it’s tight.

Most folks know that Killa Mike got started with Dungeon Family i.e. the larger crew of Outkast and Goodie Mob. He’s the 3rd verse (clean-up man) on “The Whole World.” Something happened, DF imploded and Mike got hung up to dry for some years but not before he put out this hot single

I think he’s on “Kryptonite,” too? [checks] Oh yeah! it’s just the bridge though, no verse.

the overtly political stuff didn’t come until "Reagan, " AFAIK.

5 Likes

And it’s this kind of stuff that makes me love this community! Thanks!!!

7 Likes