Blackwater founder Erik Prince used ex-spies to infiltrate liberal groups for Project Veritas

Showing again that the writing for this season is where it’s jumped the shark. A spy who goes by an unforgettable name like “Euripides Rubio”? “Erik Prince” the archvillain who’s brother to faux folksy “Betsy” who’s actually a gamish of Granny Goodness and Mary Antoinette? None of these characters are remotely believable.

10 Likes

Apparently, it turns out they were. It’s just that their best is, well, let’s just say there’s a reason they aren’t working elsewhere.

7 Likes

If they were still being employed to spy, were they really ex-spies?

3 Likes

I don’t disagree.

But as soon as it happens, the RWNJs will be all, “SO WHAT ARE THEY HIDING???

Liz,
Trump was accused of raping a girl when she was 13. He and Jeffrey Epstein, together, allegedly tied a 13 year old girl to a bed, beat her, then raped her. The case was dismissed in 2016.

3 Likes

The sad thing is they probably are sending their best. The bar is so, so low.

1 Like

What’s weird* is how the right has turned on Cofer Black.

Joseph Cofer Black, a former CIA agent and a national security adviser for Romney’s 2012 campaign, just so happened to be a board member of the Ukrainian energy company under scrutiny by far-right factions of the GOP.

*(for a given moment’s threshold of “weird” which I realize can change quickly in today’s volatile market)

1 Like

I used to imagine some young progressive in college deciding that the best way to really make a difference in this exceedingly f$%ked up world would be for him/her to “switch sides” and become the most hyper-conservative ditto-head, move up through the ranks, and hoard a ton of incriminating evidence to be publicized at opportune times.

1 Like

What I’m taking from your comment (and I could be wrong) is that you are implying we would be fine with this if Obama had done it. But no. It would still be horrible and wrong.

Two things I would like to add:

1. As far as we know he didn’t do anything like this (even though he did his share of horrible things and wasn’t a saint, Trump has gone above and beyond).

2. The GOP is the party of “do as I say, not as I do” or “it’s okay when WE do it!” Just look at how they rallied behind Trump through the impeachment. Or any other Republican getting away with shitty things that would have gotten a Democrat pilloried by their own party. They are devoid of empathy and shame, and why shouldn’t they be? It obviously works for them.

Like sticking shit to shit. Even if it sticks, who can tell?

1 Like

Quite the opposite. If Obama had done this, or anything within shouting distance of it, the Republican Party would have been howling about it. And Democrats would have reluctantly agreed that this was abuse of power and needed redress. It’s a double-standard.

2 Likes

Okay, good. It was reading fail on my part. Thank you for clarifying.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.