Blasted "chunk of planet" observed wheeling around distant star

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/09/blasted-chunk-of-planet-ob.html

1 Like

What happens to planets that survive being smothered by bloated old stars?

If you’re here to make a Stormy Daniels joke, the line forms on your left.

10 Likes

Hey! WHITE DWARF would be a great title for a sci-fi sitcom about a member of a interstellar ship that is put in stasis & discovers when he is revived by the ship’s computer that the rest of the crew died millions of years ago. Plus, his pet’s offspring have evolved into an intelligent species. Plus, a coworker who died has been revived so he will have someone to talk with.
Or has that been done?

5 Likes

Thank you for not only naming the artist but providing a link to his work. This should be a required minimum.

7 Likes

“I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.”

3 Likes

Really? She’s neither bloated, nor old, nor a star. I suppose Mr Trump might disagree.

EDIT: Aha, I misunderstood. Joke, meet me.

She’s the planet in that scenario; he’s the smothering bloated old star. Unless you’re flipping it, and I’m too obtuse to catch it.

6 Likes

So that’s where my life went.

1 Like

Just shut the smeg up, Rimmer!

6 Likes

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.