BLM protests at Sanders rally

I think there’s evidence to show that the real harm is to Black Lives Matter. If anything, Sanders is trending higher than ever with more name recognition due to the stunt. I’m keeping track on Facebook and the response from POC for Bernie is overwhelmingly positive while it’s overwhelmingly negative for BLM. Facebook has vastly more real people accounts than Twitter does, so it’s a much more reliable bellwether, in my opinion, that’s much more devoid of trollies, sock puppets, etc. we tend to see at TrollZone Twitter.

I’ve documented this to some extent here:

Since I’m an avid supporter of BLM, I do find this setback for the movement very upsetting and frustrating and hope that they get some changes in leadership, etc. before more mistakes like the kind of shrill hyperbole used against Sanders we saw the other day is repeated.

The more people learn about Sanders, the more he gains and the more Clinton and the other Republicans wane. The more BLM exclusively attacks Sanders like this without focusing at all on Clinton, the more people suspect they’re partisan driven to support Clinton. This will become a growing problem as more Americans find out that Clinton’s billionaire donor also just so happens to be the founder and chairman of the organization that arranged funding for Black Lives Matter.

3 Likes