Boat launches that could have gone better

Originally published at: Boat launches that could have gone better | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I’m going to assume you watched this muted before recommending it…

46 Likes

You do not have to like the announcer. The aliens are cute.

5 Likes

Ugh…mute is the only way this video is barely tolerable to watch. The premise is stupid (most of these are not launches gone wrong) and the constant jump-cuts and reverse image swaps is annoying enough…but the narration is “fingers on a chalkboard” bad.

49 Likes

I’m not saying this person is a psychopath, I just think the police should give his basement a look every now and then.

21 Likes

Need tips on making fifteen 10 second clips into a 20 minute video? Don’t do this.

25 Likes

I. could. not stand. to. list. en. any. long. er. than. num. ber. thir.teen.

20 Likes

What about the centipede crawling on your face?

6 Likes

I had it on mute from the start, but the jump cuts and switching angle for no reason was annoying and I gave up watching at #12. Normally I’d like this sort of video, too, but not in this format I’m afraid.

13 Likes

OPBM

The only way to enjoy them.

1 Like

My kids listen to/watch this guy on their phones while eating breakfast. His voice and delivery make me want to smash their phones with a hammer.

Side note, the mechanical delivery thing seems to be a thing for youtube videos, it drives me utterly nuts.

11 Likes

I got as far as Kaiser pronounced ‘caser’ before surrendering.

And by that point only half of them were launches. The Max Headroom-style stuttering editing was very grating too.

6 Likes

This dude reaaaaalllly likes enunciating the Ts on the ends of words.

2 Likes

Also mispronounces Wenzhou and draught.

10 Likes

I think the main point of YouTube voice is specifically to drive away the kind of person unlikely to click on an ad for ionized water or whatever before they waste your bandwidth.

2 Likes

I wonder if that’s to improve closed captions.

I hesitated watching because I’m not into watching people die… but launch mistakes would seem to be pretty safe.

Be aware many are not launches, and that people die in some of these incidents.

9 Likes

nothing about this was good. boingboing posts that could have gone better.

15 Likes

My thought exactly: his constant mispronunciations of names, his ignorant misrepresentations of historical events make it unwatchable with sound on. (I just had to stop when he claimed the Germans closing access to the Kiel canal in 1936 was a factor in Britain declaring war in 1939.)

6 Likes

I’m thinking this must be a poor speech synth given how badly butchered some of the pronunciations and pauses are.

9 Likes