Boat launches that could have gone better

I stopped at chimney. Exhaust, smokestack, or funnel are acceptable. Chimney, now that’s like saying the leftside or front of the ship!

5 Likes

The edit drove me up the wall, had to eject after 3 mins.

2 Likes

@ about 7mins #10… the mobile crane should have been facing the river head on or even with the rear end…
that way you would have had the whole weight of the mounted crane to give extra ballast…
but that’s supposing you could turn the hook at will…

2 Likes

What stupid youtube filler garbage.

I was already rather annoyed at the bazillion repeats of the ship touching the bridge and then he showed the launch of the Norden. Which was not a mishap at all. I have witnessed launches at that shipyard personally, and that’s the expected way for it to happen. The wave always floods over the road, you can see the road is closed for the occasion.

5 Likes

Had this been “Dumb video gets many things wrong with amusing clips of ship crashes” with a text to match the headline, it would have been fine. As is? Nah.

I was genuinely wondering if that clip was BAU - the lack of reaction from the onlookers seemed to suggest it - thanks for confirming.

3 Likes

The disturbing thing about this thread is that the announcer and editing is the problem and not that it shows incidences where 20 something people have lost their lives… oh, and broken bones from flying debris.

I guess that the announcers voice which is always choking back a more hysterical laugh is of interest but in the moment when 11 people have died???

3 Likes

Fair point, but many of us may not have got that far.

3 Likes

Exactly. I made it about 15 seconds, and wouldn’t have known the video was part snuff film if not mentioned here. It seems everyone who made it that far has mentioned it, and I don’t have anything to add, so…:woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.