Body of Russian "diplomat" found outside Russian embassy in Berlin; likely plunged to death

Originally published at: Body of Russian "diplomat" found outside Russian embassy in Berlin; likely plunged to death | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Russia’s embassy called the death of the diplomat – who has not been officially named – a “tragic accident”.

A fate that … ummm … befalls many of those who become “inconvenient” to Putin.

26 Likes

That’s a go to for the KGB/FSB forced retirement.

13 Likes

sure are a lot of “diplomats” “falling” out of windows over there these days.

18 Likes

probably suffered a non-poise moment

10 Likes

The James Bond fan in me fantasizes that it wasn’t the Russians that made him fall to his death.

7 Likes

Yet, the Kremlin knew instantly.

Also, eww. Decomposition sets in within hours. That’s just nasty.

12 Likes

The “complaints department” in Moscow are getting a bit touchy these days. Stress is a killer…

9 Likes

So weird how these Russian political figures keep committing suicide. Jumping off bridges, while managing to stab themselves 17 times before hitting the ground. It’s impressive!

17 Likes

Definitely a pane in the ass to be on Putin’s bad side…

9 Likes

Putin killing people is not cool or funny, but the headline had me imagining extremely vigorous toilet plungers

8 Likes

Glad to know I’m not the only weirdo here

9 Likes

I suppose they figured they already knew.

4 Likes

The THEY guarantee a soft landing every time, now that’s good service.

4 Likes
if they annoy Putin and there are associated others
  then: novichok, or other gruesome poison, to function as an example
if they annoy Putin and they are apparently working alone
  then: toss them out a window
else:
  provide funds via oligarchs to destroy their democracies

“…any questions?” -sigh-

8 Likes

Before the victim, even.

18 Likes

“German authorities sat on it” refers to the news. It seems that the body was promptly repatriated without any autopsy.

It is not clear if the fall was the reason for the death, or if the individual had died before falling. Emergency services that arrived on the scene were unable to resuscitate the diplomat. Due to the diplomatic status of the person, no police investigation or autopsy was possible and the Russian embassy repatriated the body.

7 Likes

This article missed the opportunity to roll out the word “defenestration”.

20 Likes

I wonder if this is one of those “looks like he fell onto a bunch of bullets” situations.

11 Likes

The best defense is a good defenestration. Offensive too.

9 Likes