Bodycam footage of murderer being arrested

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/11/bodycam-footage-of-murderer-be.html

4 Likes

I don’t think I want to watch this clip…

21 Likes

It’s the scene from Fargo where they arrest Jerry Lundegaard, but with all reality’s complications.

6 Likes

So much for breakfast.

2 Likes

I wanted to look at how long the video was, clicked it in the hope of a progress bar that would tell me this, no progress bar. But thats alright because the first two seconds were enough for me :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Straight out of a Dostoevsky novel.

1 Like

Yeah… No thanks. Skiparooni.

1 Like

FYI for all: the video is about 1 min 30 sec long. It is only footage of the man and LEO speaking and him stepping outside and being arrested. That’s basically it.

To @beschizza 's point…here is the scene in Fargo for a comparison for those who have not seen it or have forgotten.

3 Likes

Thorton died from 39 stab wounds.

That’s put me off my morning oatmeal and java.

4 Likes

On reflection it’s also the “I’m cooperating here” scene I’m thinking of.

8 Likes

“I’m not going to restrain you.” “OK, I’m placing you under arrest.”

1 Like

“I’m supposed to be going down…supposed to be going down to get some 'baccy.”

What an inconvenience. :unamused:

Also, is that a blood spatter on his right temple?

2 Likes

Yeah nah. Not watching it either.

2 Likes

Yeah, that seems like it should have provided him an iron-clad defense of “no take-backs.”

1 Like

Damn me for being up to watch anything.

Those eyes.

1 Like

I’m imagining Kevin Macleod’s “Unseen Horrors” playing in the background as the police arrest the man.

As others have stated, that thousand-yard stare in the video still is all I need to see.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.