Bodycam FPS arrives at the worst possible time

Originally published at: Bodycam FPS arrives at the worst possible time | Boing Boing

It’s going to be a narrative experience and not a simulator. We don’t really know what the plot will be but from their PR statements I’m expecting it to be subtly subversive yet not straight on political.

Disco Elysium is a cop game and The Other Guys was a cop movie yet they both managed to have a social message and not be power fantasies.

Though I could definitely be wrong.

It’s really too early to tell at this point in time.

2 Likes

Press :black_square_button: to kneel on the persons neck.

Press :negative_squared_cross_mark: to shoot the fleeing suspect

Press :o: to plant fake evidence

Press :small_red_triangle: to erase bodycam footage

11 Likes

What do you press to ignite the whole apple barrel into a conflagration visible from space?

3 Likes

What’s so surprising about this game when we’ve had SWAT games for DECADES? And the most recent evolution, Ready or Not, came out in 2021?

2 Likes

:arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_left: :arrow_right: :arrow_left: :arrow_right: :b: :a: (start) :wink::fire:

I saw the demo footage. I think a straight “cops and robbers” type game would get boring quick.

If the game perhaps started like that, but quickly shifted into dealing with something otherworldly - like an occult menace, that would make it an actually interesting game.

Going through a darkened warehouse after a cartel member might be ok at first, but the stakes are pretty mundane. You’re only gimmick is sort of the look of the environment and that is supposed to be a body cam. In fact, play that up where some otherworldly force is causing static and glitches in the body cam. It goes black and white in certain spots.

That would be an interesting game, to me.

Chasing down drug dealers or what ever doesn’t sound interesting at all. ie Blue Bloods - the game!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.