Boeing to plead guilty to criminal fraud over 737 crashes and pay itty bitty fine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/08/boeing-to-plead-guilty-to-criminal-fraud-over-737-crashes-and-pay-itty-bitty-fine.html

7 Likes

Oh boy, less than 1/2 a percent. No pizza parties this year.

8 Likes

That fine would almost be reasonable if every penny of it came out of executive compensation…

11 Likes

Scroobauer’s third rule of business memes: Any corrupt business practice has already been lampooned over an image of Armin Shimerman (‘Quark’) in costume

(wonder how trump’s “pantone” compares with the standard Ferengi…?)

21 Likes

He wishes his lobes were of such a size

9 Likes

We gotta stop this bullshit slap on the wrists.

8 Likes

hm. the guardian says otherwise;

The deal also does not cover any current or former Boeing officials, only the corporation

furthermore;

The plea deal covered only wrongdoing by Boeing before the crashes; it did not give the company immunity for other incidents

3 Likes

737 crashes.
That’s a lot of crashes.

Think I’ll take the ferry.

4 Likes

And another wheel just fell off… linky

Wheel Falls Off Boeing Plane in Mid-Air

The United Airlines flight was traveling from Los Angeles to Denver on Monday.

By Matt Novak Published July 8, 2024

𝕏

Screenshot from a March flight where a United Airlines flight lost a wheel shortly after takeoff. © RadarBox

Another wheel from the landing gear of a United Airlines flight fell off on Monday, according to a spokesperson for the company. The flight landed safely at its destination, but this is the second time a Boeing plane has lost a wheel while in flight this year.

is another fine thus due? will the fine be less than the cost of buying proper new wheel assemblages?

1 Like

A colleague of mine was killed in one of the 737 Max crashes. I am outraged that this is all the accountability Boeing may face.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.