Bogdanoff twins dead of Covid

Originally published at: Bogdanoff twins dead of Covid | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Their pseudo science was as ridiculous as their chins, but for all of us French kids growing up in the early eighties they opened wide the doors of sci-fi, and for this they should be celebrated.

Temps-X was a great show !

9 Likes

They sure looked different while doing that show. So different that their clams that they never had any plastic surgery sound as ridiculous as their pseudo-scientific dissertations and publications.

29 Likes

And now I know who that is in all those chum boxes

6 Likes

they thought the vaccine was more dangerous than the virus.

Ok, that did not age well or go well for them. RIP mutants.

24 Likes

From an article on CBS:

That article includes this stock photo of them holding the wizard staff from Onward, so the claim checks out, I guess.

12 Likes

I wonder which twin was dominant one in their relationship?

2 Likes

So when someone made those exaggerated Spitting Image puppets, did they just make them look "normal’? Or take their already exaggerated look to the extreme?

11 Likes

As someone who is just this moment learning of these guys, all I can say is

43 Likes

YES! i had no idea who we were talking about here. but i had seen the picture of one of those twins with the click-baity – WAIT TILL YOU SEE WHAT THESE CELEBRITIES LOOK LIKE NOW. another mystery solved.

10 Likes

Now if only someone will confirm what we all suspected about their on set behavior…

3 Likes

They were recently trying to make a comeback in France, and as somebody who moved there as an adult and never saw Temps X (their popular '80s show), that was exactly my reaction when I walked around a corner in the Paris Métro one morning and saw those faces on a giant advertisement.

4 Likes

Grichka Bogdanoff was adamant that they had never had “what people call cosmetic surgery”, insisting that he and his brother were experimental by nature and had tried out very advanced technology.

That was contradicted by their friend, former education minister Luc Ferry, who said they had both had Botox injections.

So they enthusiastically underwent “experimental” medical injections (including a known neurotoxin) for cosmetic purposes but they refused to protect themselves with a vaccine that hundreds of millions of people have used to no ill effect because they weren’t convinced it was safe?

There sure does seem to be a lot of arbitrary decision-making in the “I won’t inject strange things into my body” crowd.

49 Likes

I want out of this timeline. Here’s another “celebrity”. TV star Stephanie Matto stops selling farts after health scare

4 Likes

That the two have been dead inside for years has still yet to be confirmed.

4 Likes

Same! WTFF. How had I never heard of these gentlemen? And they are 72? Why, they don’t look a day over-- wait, I don’t know what they look like. (When you cover your face with so many artificial appliances, you are literally ageless.)

My spit-take moment, when reading their wikipedia entry:

The Bogdanoff twins, who denied having undergone plastic surgery…

They obviously/unluckily both had the same genetic vulnerability to Covid; they were in that deadly 4% of people in their age demographic. If only one of them had succumbed, perhaps the other could have figured out that the vaccine, rather than vaccine denial, was the way to go.

10 Likes

I was just thinking that they belonged in a certain Phil Collins video…

10 Likes

I’m another witness of their fall from grace from beloved science educators in Temps X to quacks in the 90s.

Thanks Rob for, as always, making an excellent point related to the topic at hand: the science journals still have egg on their face about the whole publication affaire.

7 Likes

They died as they lived. Stupidly.

18 Likes

They really took it on the chin.

20 Likes