Boing Boing: zine, blog, and back again

Sadly, I make use of your BBS one more time, in order to lodge the only posting since the last time I weighed in to offer my considerations:

Again, I agree with your motivations and certainly respect your collective rights to develop and redevelop and redesign your property as you see fit. We cannot remain static and stationary while expecting to live along a linear time line.

However, your tactics here fall short of your mark. Visually, it appears that you aspire to mimicry of a linkbait site. Why in the world would you want to dilute your brand/property/utility/benefits that way?

Since the BBS revamp, I visit about 75% of what I did before, but I stay roughly 25% of the time I did before. I have visited the BBS once since that time, where I used to read discussions at the bottom of the page. I never make the jump and login to see what else is being said. So, the initial info gets to me, but I never botherWith/takeAdvantageOf the BBS to further my understanding or refine my experience.

Quite curious what your statistics tell you about the BBS move.

Equally curious what your traffic logs will tell you about your latest efforts. I can but offer this single anecdote: it is likely that now I will visit even less, and perhaps not at all.

And that is a shame, as I have enjoyed (for the most part) tremendously our relationship over these many years.

Good luck, Godspeed, and we’ll see you around. Or not.

• Zhirem
6 Likes