Boltwell B*10 Must Haves Emergency Kit

[Read the post]

Is the TP perfumed, and is the Temp-O-Crapper biodegradable?

While you’re cashing in on peoples fears don’t forget the bucket of potato soup!

Where’s the morphine?

Yes you to can own this pile of crap of valued at $20 for the low BoingBoing store price of $79,99.

My god these deals are so embarassing and are really tarnishing BoingBoing.

Would you say that you’re disappointed in BB?

Just wait a while, and maybe they’ll offer it for 97% off. :satisfied:

At this point who isn’t?

Luckily, you can currently get Polish-O from the boing boing store at 90% off - just $22.99! Promises to buff out tarnish and cover up the smell of cheap cash-ins. And if you buy now, you can get aeronet - the compressed air Ethernet cleaner - FREE! Just spray it in your phone socket and the dust that’s slowing down your broadband will be pushed out into a special bin at AT&T…

Let’s do the math! I searched Amazon; there are probably cheaper places for all these things. (SemiotixCorp LLC does not use referrer links, and passes the savings on to you.)

“Multitool” amounting to a small Swiss Army knife plus pliers: $3.99
Waterproof matches, unspecified quantity: $2.30
First Aid manual: free, from a million online sources
“micro first aid pouch:” $4.47
Nalgene water bottle (small): $1.89
“water particle filter,” which appears to mean a wire strainer to filter out macroscopic debris: $1.69
water purification tablets: matching the brand, $8.49, but the same thing can be had for $3.95 and in much higher quantity
crankable radio that will charge other devices: $9.95
whistle: $1.47
“disposable toilet bag:” $1.50, plus it comes with a free clip-on leash dispenser!

So for $31.21 you could get all these things (some of them in much greater quantities). Probably less, if you were more aggressive about searching out Amazon deals than I was. Of course, most of these are common household items that you probably already have in abundance anyway. So yeah.

No hatchet? No crowbar? Should have something sturdy and strong like that you can smash, pry, or chop things with. And yeah, this kit is way overpriced.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.