Bombshell report claims Trump paid to watch hookers piss on bed where Obama slept

I suspect that they’re taking the angle of “we’re not reporting on the truth or otherwise of the allegations, we’re reporting on the fact that they’re common currency in elite journalistic, political and intelligence circles”.

Which does seem to be somewhat newsworthy in itself.

4 Likes

This goes way back to when Trump had his Golden Baby Shower.
You know the one where he was given that meagre $200 million to start his empire from scratch.

2 Likes

Somewhat newsworthy, perhaps, but also very irresponsible. There’s a reason why “elite” journalists knew about this but didn’t publish it.

A necessary (but not sufficient) condition to defend yourself against the schmuck and his schumcky lawyers is to trust that the claims you make are sufficiently verified. And if these claims do turn out to be false, they would undermine people believing in true future claims.

You seem to be missing the point.

Even if you have all the facts and verified the claims, it will not protect you against an unequal legal battle against an opponent who is determined to destroy you, do to: hurt feelings, without consideration of the resources needed.

trump and his lackeys have made it pretty clear that they intend to destroy everyone and everything that dares to challenge them in any way.

I am surprised anything negative is being written about tRumps activities. I sure wouldn’t want to be the source of any such claims against t–and the truthfulness of the claims are no protection. Were I such a source, I would certainly make sure that everything and anything in the public domain is phrased in a way that allows deniability, unless I (and my family) are really prepared to live out my days in Argentina or similar.

You really need to read up on how autocracies work.

2 Likes

You’re probably right. Just having the facts on your side will not protect you. However, if it turns out that the allegations are true and Trump tries to destroy Buzzfeed, I’d expect that they would have a huge number of supporters trying to help them. On the other hand, if they turn out to be wrong, they will likely stand alone.

I’m not naive enough to believe that the allegations are either 100% true or 100% false, more than likely there are elements of truth and parts that are just bogus. Because of the way that Buzzfeed released the documents, if someone were to disprove the Golden Shower claim (the most shocking, but not most damning part of the document), it would be harder to believe the rest of the document. But if Buzzfeed had been more intelligent and restrained in releasing the information we would be able separate the truth from the made up stories.

1 Like

And I don’t disagree with anything you said, even:

Because there are several points that can be made here.

2 Likes

Those strokes were very different

National Review nails it:

1. Even if this whole thing is a complete fabrication, there’s still the vexing question: Why is admiration for Putin and his government the only issue Trump has never wavered, equivocated, or flip-flopped on? If these allegations are false, that question still remains.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443745/trump-compromised

15 Likes

The key point here is, that the next president could potentially be blackmailed by Russia. What he did to get into this predicament is secondary–in my estimation, unless it was in itself criminal.

The trouble is, that the only people who can verify whether or not the Russian Intelligence service has potentially damaging material which could be used to blackmail the next president, are those in the Russian Intelligence service. It is beyond me how such a claim can / could / would be ever 100% verified.

Accusing BuzzFeed of untidy journalism in this climate, is missing the / some point–me thinks.

After all for once, today’s news agenda was not set by some ridiculous tweet by t.

That’s worth something. So in this context I am for celebrating BuzzFeed.

5 Likes

Seems like a good time to bring this up again.

5 Likes

I pee what you did there.

7 Likes

The editors pure hatred of Trump has led Boing Boing become a purveyor of fake news…

You guys should do better than citing unnamed, unsubstantiated, unverifiable, sillyness…

17 Likes

They can’t just ignore what Trump says.

14 Likes

But… but LULZ, HE ONLY DOES IT FOR THE LULZ!!! /s

7 Likes

15 Likes

Your Dear Leader agreed that the information came from intelligence agencies even as he called it “fake”.

Check his Twitter. Sad!

13 Likes
4 Likes

He is great on twitter, a voice of sanity and empathy on twitter, and his book, Throne of the Crescent Moon, is wonderful.

1 Like