Booby-trapped wheelchair takes out FBI agent

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/03/booby-trapped-wheelchair-takes.html

3 Likes

am surprised not Florida!

5 Likes

Well, he turned out better than this guy:

12 Likes

Or Albuquerque.

4 Likes

The most disappointing thing about season 5 of Breaking Bad is that they didn’t bring Fring’s character back as a cyborg.

9 Likes

The guy’s latest mugshot:

10 Likes

he looks like a nice boy

1 Like

Clearly the work of Les Assassins des Fauteuils Rollents.

10 Likes

I mean, he did make The Good Son, which is Home Alone but Kevin is a literal murderer. Great movie, a young Elija Wood crushes it as the lead in that.

4 Likes

There are a lot of similarities. Actually, the FBI agent was lucky the investigation was in Williams, and not Cave Junction or Takilma. In that case, it would be more like Twin Peaks… a year later, Dale Cooper comes looking for Chester Desmond, but nobody remembers the guy. Was he ever even in town?

3 Likes

Yes, my suspicions, exactly!

1 Like

How low on the totem pole at the local PD do you have to be to draw the job of point man in the obviously booby trapped house?

5 Likes

His last words were, “Let’s roll!”.

2 Likes

Byline should be Carl Hiaasen or Elmore Leonard. His 90 year old mother sued the guy for abuse, he boobytrapped the house while out on bail…i, too, am shocked this wasn’t set in FL. Screenwriters, take note. Also, when ya write the script, plz give him a part time job as kids party clown. . . .ugh too cliche. Just find out what he did in real life, I’m sure it’s perfect.

1 Like

Here’s the actual court filing:

Does it surprise anyone that he is allegedly a ‘sovereign citizen’?

I bet it’s a case that Judge Bain will remember! The poor chap was only made a judge in February. He made the order handing the property over to the attorney in August (22nd August to be precise).

The Arizona cops let Rodvelt out August 16th - apparently so that he could deal with the civil claim against him.

Because of course, when the police are called to a report of a man brandishing a gun who locks himself into his car when the police try to arrest him, they:

a) stand back and wait for him to get out of the car instead of just shooting him; and

b) release him from custody before his trial on charges (resulting from that incident) of inter alia aggravated assault and misconduct involving explosives.

I mean that happens in all cases doesn’t it? /s

5 Likes

Everyone wants to resists Trump’s Federal government, but no one wants to do the work of booby trapping their compound.

4 Likes

I went to Cave Junction a couple decades ago…also went to Takilma and met the people who built the treehouse hotel (very early on in their construction)…very interesting experience.

Oregon … Malheur Wildlife Refuge invasion?

Too “clever” for Florida.

1 Like

And this guy proves that you don’t have to be rich or have an actual “compound” to do it, amirite?