Oregon man arrested after rigging inventive booby traps in home, one of which shot an FBI agent

Originally published at: Oregon man arrested after rigging inventive booby traps in home, one of which shot an FBI agent | Boing Boing

6 Likes

When the movie comes out he’ll be played by Willem Dafoe.

29 Likes

This Raiders of the Lost Ark reboot sucks.

28 Likes

Grimtooth approves

12 Likes

Definitely can’t argue with the resemblance but hasn’t mr Dafoe played enough mad bombers yet?

13 Likes

Well, that’s one hobby that’ll get ya in trouble…

Just curious if this fellow has all his tingers n toes? Looks like he may have a few screws loose, cards short, fuses blown, marbles discarded, etc.

5 Likes

the most inventive trap, which involved a hot tub placed on its side and rigged in such a way that opening a gate would activate a mechanical trigger, causing the spa to roll toward the person opening the gate.

obprometheus running meme

9 Likes

At what point do the agents say “f- this” and roll in with a D-10 Caterpillar? Because once I discovered the first trap or two, it’d be a hard “nope” on putting more people at risk.

8 Likes

7 Likes

The elevator pitch: Saw crossed with the original Fargo. Willem Dafoe, William H. Macy and Steve Buscemi have already signed on but the studio has been trying to resolve a scheduling conflict with Frances McDormand. Still, Tubsaw is tentatively slated for a 2025 release.

7 Likes

There’s no mention of why they went to his house in the first place.
Perhaps he had good reason to be paranoid.
:index_pointing_at_the_viewer:
Yes, you!

7 Likes
4 Likes

cb42f5913fdeb849aa5229c8d56425ba

8 Likes

According to an earlier article, he lost the house in a lawsuit filed by his elderly mother’s guardian. The real estate lawyer in charge of selling the house asked for law enforcement to take a look.

The lawyer presumably knew about Rodvelt’s earlier standoff against the police. At a minimum.

9 Likes

I guess those links explain the FBI involvement.
Booby traps, though? Sheesh.

I remember a friend of mine who got turfed out of a rental house (they were selling).
He also set up a surprise, albeit not a lethal one.
A week before he left he sowed the whole garden with watercress.
(Nobody was maimed).

11 Likes

I thought it was an R-rated version of Home Alone?

3 Likes

Don’t forget Hot Tub Time Machine

5 Likes

If he had done it when he was 10 years old, when his parents were out of town, he’d get a lot more sympathy.

7 Likes

This is in Williams, Oregon. It’s only 20 miles away from Grants Pass, but it’s a 30-ish minute drive through woods and mountains to get there. It’s extremely high-quality, premiere pot-growing farmland. It’s very pretty actually, but like a lot of remote, low-population areas with A LOT of wilderness in all directions, the folks tend to be high-grade weird. People move into the Oregon woods to get away from society, and it often shows.

Source: I’m a native to southern Oregon and still live here.

11 Likes

OregonBooby

11 Likes