Oregon man arrested after rigging inventive booby traps in home, one of which shot an FBI agent

Doesn’t sound unpleasant to me sets up an all-organic stand selling watercress
Srsly, is watercress invasive without being in a perpetually soggy area? or was the garden actually a pond in disguise?

4 Likes

Also bunches of wineries.

I love that area, worked in Jacksonville for many summers. Didn’t go through Williams proper as we usually turned off at Ruch to go down past the dam, loved the hiking in the border area and swimming occasionally in the river or the lake.

I think “very pretty actually” is underselling it by quite a bit :wink:

5 Likes

A lot prettier now that this palooka is off the streets

2 Likes

Two men, a SCRIPTWRITER and a PRODUCER, enter an elevator. The door closes.

Scriptwriter: Booby Trapped Hot Tub Time Machine. They–

Producer: We’ll call you.

The elevator door opens.

(into phone)
Producer: Security?

5 Likes

Seems pretty clear Oregon Man didn’t go to law school, or he’d probably have learned about how spring guns are a no-no:

5 Likes

His (late mother’s) house may be in Oregon, but I’m sure his heart is in Greater Idaho

4 Likes

Looking at this guy’s pic, like those of every other guy who’s done this Seriously Weird Shit,© I found myself asking a question.

Why on Earth do you think your home requires booby trapping?

sigh…

4 Likes

well, you can’t expect him to go around booby trapping other people’s homes now can you? :grimacing:

8 Likes

… sure, in Iowa :confused:

4 Likes

Why did I immediately read that in Arnie’s voice?

2 Likes

No idea, was a second-hand story.
I don’t even know if there is a difference between cress and water-cress!

• except maybe less water.
1 Like

Chip N Dale Monster GIF by Disney+

4 Likes

Well, I didn’t really mean to undersell it :slight_smile:

But, you know… you have a few run ins with the locals, that tends to color your impression. But I do have a very happy memory of WIlliams, being a meadow-y hillside in full flower, with nothing but mountains and trees on the horizon.

2 Likes

Reminds me of this interesting episode of the Criminal podcast, about booby-trap case law. Mantrap | Criminal

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.