Boris Johnson Coronavirus UPDATE: UK PM 'remains in intensive care for close monitoring'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/07/boris-johnson-coronavirus-upda.html

4 Likes

The good spirits are hopefully not Burbons.

4 Likes

The best outcome anyone could hope for would be if he learned something from this, survived, and then actually used his knowledge to improve his so-far pathetic response to the crisis.

But historically neither brains nor empathy have ever been a hallmark of this man, so any hope of improvement for the UK is starting out with a severe birth defect.

9 Likes

I will not give up hope. Not even on Johnson.

Otherwise, I think I can only start sobbing.

4 Likes

Let’s hope his nurses have a different opinion than him on shaking and washing hands.

2 Likes

Unlike Trump, Johnson is actually quite intelligent. He could be a capable PM; he’s just lazy, horribly self-centered, and massively entitled.

2 Likes

Maybe he can be visited by the 3 Ghosts of Nationalized Healthcare ala Scrooge

14 Likes

I’m not so sure. I guess it’s a kind of Zaphod Beeblebrox situation:

One of the major difficulties Trillian experienced in her relationship with Zaphod was learning to distinguish between him pretending to be stupid just to get people off their guard, pretending to be stupid because he couldn’t be bothered to think and wanted someone else to do it for him, pretending to be outrageously stupid to hide the fact that he actually didn’t understand what was going on, and really being genuinely stupid.
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

22 Likes

I… had totally forgotten that bit. It’s exactly Boris Johnson, by all accounts.

6 Likes

I’ve not seen evidence Johnson’s intelligence. He plays a shrewd clown in public and seems to be a slightly above replacement-quality political tactician is about the best I can say about him.

1 Like

I, along with all other households in the UK, got a letter from Boris Johnson yesterday explaining how not to catch Covid-19. Good to know we have our finest minds on the case.

5 Likes

Let me know when the update is “We were out of ventilators so we’ve wheeled him out into the corridor…”

4 Likes

I hope you disposed of it properly and then washed your hands.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.