UK's Boris Johnson 'improving,' has COVID-19, remains in intensive care

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/08/uks-boris-johnson-improvin.html

5 Likes

Oh well. Maybe his near death experience will make him rethink his intensely stupid ideas as MP, which is all of it.

9 Likes

Apparently he has been talking to staff so I guess he will be going home soon.

giphy

2 Likes

It’s more the idea that he will simply bounce back into being Prime Minister that bothers me. He’s spent two days in intensive care at some level of risk, and there is strong evidence that even folk who come out of this are likely to need closer attention in future.
The core problem is that there is a lot of evidence that our current government is a Boris government, not a Tory one. People voted for “Boris” (and, conversely, many folk were against Jeremy Corbyn) even though we are not a Presidential Republic, and our current cabinet is very clearly one that Boris considered that he could control.
So an extensive absence or a weakening of his position will not be good for government, especially one that is simultaneously wrestling with the clusterfuck that is Brexit.

7 Likes

Now prepare for levels of smug superiority that have never before been witnessed.

16 Likes

download

9 Likes

Thank you for the article. I have no feelings one way or the other, because any feelings expressed here tend to get misinterpreted, intentionally or otherwise. I would hate to get called names because of my human feelings.

4 Likes

If only the “improving” included the improvements we need.

9 Likes

John Prine was improving, too. Then he died.

6 Likes

Well, if he recovers- my guess is he’ll massively understate how bad it was, because he has no conscience, and no brains. Well- to be clear- has brains, but he uses them with complete sociopathy.

So…

Hope I’m wrong, but the man is fanatically stupid.

4 Likes

25 posts and no Python? I am disappoint.

Holy Grail__I am not dead yet

12 Likes

John Prine was improving too.
This disease is particularly viscous in that it likes to give a little head fake before it drives the lane. I don’t like Boris. In fact I actively dislike him. But still, I hope he pulls out of this with a new perspective on things.

6 Likes

I am disappoint

2 Likes

Wasn’t a fan, but I’ll just leave this here.

1 Like

There sure is a lot more forging to be done with the Donald until he can even be considered an acceptable leader.

I’d assume that BoJo emerges essentially unchanged, as change in his case would imply he‘d lose most of the instruments he applied to achieve and maintain his power: lies, dishonesty, callousness, sociopathy, and ignorance.

5 Likes

The UK gives charities money before corporations? What kind of cockamamie government is that. /s

Eh? The government approved £750m to support charities yesterday?

“I can also tell you that he has been sitting up in bed and been engaging positively with the clinical team.”

I call BS - People sitting up and chatting don’t stay in an ICU bed - this goes doubly so during a pandemic.

7 Likes

They might if they are a Johnson or Trump.

Yes, I have my doubts about their well-being as well, especially after all the other lies from Downing Street.

5 Likes