BoJo out of intensive care

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/09/bojo-out-of-intensive-care.html

11 Likes

May he learn something from his experience and share that with others who are light in the empathy department.

28 Likes

I hope his recovery leaves him a changed person, that the experience transforms him.

I’m not holding my breath, mind you, but one can hope.

27 Likes

As I said earlier, my concern is that he will want to bounce back into full action far too quickly. I am glad that he is recovering (if only because a lot of people want to be able to hold him to account at some point in the future) but the temptation for him to resume his formal duties must be immense. Especially with a government that doesn’t seem to know what it is doing from one day to the next.

4 Likes

It is very charitable of you to imagine he wants to do any actual work.

25 Likes

Checks out. Double win!

Or ever has…

12 Likes

Can a near death experience create empathy where it was lacking before, or does it make a person double down on selfishness, xenophobia and greed? I guess in this case, for this person, we will see.

13 Likes

Also, not “Rona” (god help me). Trumpvirus.

Hah, Rob beat me (and himself) to it:

But it’s missing the correct term.

4 Likes

We can hope…

A spokesman added: “He is in extremely good spirits.”

Embalming Fluid contains formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, and methanol.

15 Likes

I prefer a plan. And the plan is to continue to hold Johnson as guilty of the death and destruction he has already caused, and will continue to cause, regardless of whatever slimy sophistry or apparent enlightenment he’s come up with while on vacation.

8 Likes

I bet the flacks who put out the initial “The Prime Minister has been admitted to the ICU as a purely precautionary measure” message are annoyed that the perfectly good “the Prime Minister has died” statements they wrote immediately afterwards are going to waste.

3 Likes

He has a personal need to be ‘in charge’ … of the wrong work, or lack of right work … but he has to be in charge - for his ego and for the PR optics.

2 Likes

Ah, that is news, to be sure. I have nothing else to say about Mr. Johnson.

5 Likes

You guys are so nice. I hope someone hangs this guy.

I would put money that this new bojo is a robotic version (sans the 3 laws)

6 Likes

Think about it. If trump nearly died would he come back grateful and full of empathy?

Or would he be certain he survived because he’s better than these other losers who died.

15 Likes

Boris Johnson needs to stay alive so that he can go to prison for his criminal neglect, delaying the lockdown beyond reason and thus directly causing the preventable deaths of thousands of Britons.

4 Likes

It’s as likely as Trump learning something

Yup, he’s certainly going to be a big help in that regard! :confused:

2 Likes

A world where Boris Johnson lives and John Prine dies is a world with no fucking justice.

7 Likes