Boston cop has one helluva horrible ride down a playground slide: "Oh f*ck!"

Originally published at: Boston cop has one helluva horrible ride down a playground slide: "Oh f*ck!" | Boing Boing

3 Likes

When a park sign warns adults not to use their tunnel slide

what physical parameters of adult-ness is this slide’s relative danger dependent upon? mass? radius of gyration? density? because it seems that that cannot be much of a guaranteed protection of all manner of non-adults, as such, if you will, so to speak.

5 Likes

Wait, he didn’t shoot it?

6 Likes

Any injuries he sustains will surely be labeled as on-the-job, so he will get taxpayer funded medical leave and maybe even early retirement with 130% of his highest salary.

1 Like

Nope, at least if they’re not lying. They’ve already said he used his personal plan and didn’t have any time off.

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like that bad of a slide but he shoots out like a mannequin. Weird.

3 Likes

How the hell did he come down the slide that fast? Was he greased or something???

3 Likes

You’d have to assume a child, being slightly more aerodynamic, would be launched across the park based on his speed.

4 Likes

I recall as a kid that metal slides can get polished very slick, and the first part of the slide looks like a relatively steep drop.

About 25 years ago I tried out a plastic “tunnel” slide in Toronto. I got spit out so fast I flew several feet before landing.

Adults: don’t try this at home or elsewhere with your non-kid body.

1 Like

Which is probably not a problem. From what I’ve observed from my niece and nephew, children bounce.

Yeah, but a lot of cops get side-gigs as bouncers.

2 Likes

1 Like

“Cops are people too” copaganda stunt gone bad.

2 Likes

He’s probably wearing 100% polyester, pretty slick on that surface. He’s lucky he didn’t shoot himself!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.