Bouclier Wintour: Conde Nast chief wore sunglasses indoors to fire staffers at Pitchfork

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/19/bouclier-wintour-conde-nast-chief-wore-sunglasses-indoors-to-fire-staffers-at-pitchfork.html

2 Likes

Not surprising; Conde is yet another branch of ‘corporate evil.’

11 Likes

Hate to go off topic this early, but it’s kind of fucked up that even when contributors decide to just go with Shutterstock instead of the “AI” generated bullshit that’s become the norm, we’re still getting “AI” generated bullshit to accompany the posts. I guess this is just the shitty new internet.

6 Likes

I’m not loving it.

8 Likes

I don’t think it’s AI. I think that’s just her hand, possibly with a little arthritis, which, given her age, is understandable. My mother’s hands look worse.
Screenshot 2024-01-19 230154

6 Likes

You beat me to it:

Hands are one of the parts of human body where it’s very difficult to hide the aging process… no matter how rich or powerful one may be.

9 Likes

Shit, you might be right. But the proportions look off. I was just wondering about that and looking at other pictures of Anna Wintour’s hands. I didn’t feel that they look like that. But I could be wrong.

ETA:

It wasn’t that, but the way her middle finger looked disconnected in the zoomed out picture that threw me off. And the distance from heel to pinky, I think, which is probably just be due to distance/scale compared to the rest of her body. Maybe I’m just getting paranoid about “AI.”

ETA2:
Then again, maybe not.

3 Likes

How far behind will ArsTechnica be?!

7 Likes

And WIRED?

You’re not alone, there.

13 Likes

Ofttimes when employees are “let go” in unsympathetic, disrespectful, and tasteless ways, the term “shabbily treated” pops up. Shabbily. You’d think that the chief of several fashion magazines would know better.

8 Likes

Perhaps her head is not in proportion with the rest of her body, giving the impression that her hands are too large.

4 Likes

So it’s an adaptation that increases Wintour’s bite strength? I guess that kind of makes sense!

6 Likes

Perhaps… longa, if one could put it that way? Definitely vita brevis in their case…

4 Likes

That had to be terribly hard for her to have to do, she should take some quality time on a nice private yacht or maybe go somewhere and throw rocks at little refugee kids. Utterly soulless sack of gnarly meat.

5 Likes

“You can’t hide your lyin’ eyes, and your smile is a thin disguise…”

5 Likes

“One absolutely bizarro detail from this week”

So bizarre that Wintour’s whole brand is – bob and sunglasses (and a vicious personality).

5 Likes

It was Shabby; but it was Shabby Chic, daaaaaaaarling.

5 Likes

7826302_m

3 Likes

It’s a photo of her from Tod’s show in 2016. Those AI detectors are snake oil.

We don’t talk about Anna’s hands.

9 Likes

The irony of being a ‘top authority’ on fashion and beauty while looking like that; wearing a dated-ass wig, because she’s probably still mentally stuck in the 60’s (the height of her youth when she felt she looked her best) the oversized dark glasses that hide half her face, and a hideous textile print that cost too much money and other resources.

:roll_eyes:

6 Likes