Boxed wine packaged with Cheez-It crackers as a "pairing"

Mine was more Boone’s Farm and Boursin, but YMMV.

2 Likes

You can re-use a decanter instead of tossing a bottle into the energy intensive glass recycling stream.

3 Likes

Weird. Boursin is tasty and somewhat expensive. Boone’s Farm is definitely not.

1 Like

I think it was Rabbi Lionel Blue who was talking about his father, who fancied himself a hobby wine connoisseur. Apparently the elder Blue would buy some quite expensive red wines, take out the cork, let it breath, then, before pouring, would place his thumb over the mouth of the bottle and “shake in the goodness”. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Eh, we splurged on one and economized on the other. That was in the days before Alouette hit the grocer’s shelves, though.

3 Likes

Yep, Make sure them flavor crystals don’t sink to the bottom of the bottle. Well, at least we aren’t talking Mancshvich (however in the hell it is spelled)

1 Like

“When decanting wine, make sure that you tilt the paper cup, and pour slowly so as not to bruise the fruit of the vine.”

4 Likes

This sounds like a slam dunk of a product.

2 Likes

Their white wine isn’t too bad. Have not tried the red.

1 Like

1 Like

This is kind of House Wine’s thing. They had Rose in a rainbow can for Pride month. They’re the wine version of Pabst Blue Ribbon - ironic hipster cheap wine.

3 Likes

How big of a goonsack are we talking here? Cos 25 bucks for a box of crackers and a standard wine box seems like a lot.

3 Likes

It’s your funeral, bud, but I support your freedom to make tasteless choices.

You know it’s only a matter of time before some hipster smart-ass microbrewery/winemaker starts sticking them in the product.

I know nothing about wine. It tastes too grown-up for me. But I liked your comment for the use of ‘goonsack’.

I understand Goon of Fortune is a good drinking game to play with the goonsacks pegged to a Hills Hoist, and the goonbags are useful as a pillow when you’ve had enough. Straya!

1 Like

If you’ve ever had Original House Wine, you’d realize that cheap cheez-its are the better part of the deal.

There are some decent boxed wines. There are also some terrible ones. I buy the “somewhat” better varieties. I do wonder if leaving wine packaged in a plastic bladder as opposed to glass (not a bladder) affects the flavor. I can’t tell, but I wonder if a wine connoisseur could… hmmm, probably in one second.

Gack!.

My French heart is bleeding.

But you ARE presented with the cork so you can eyeball it for funky growths (which you can also smell). Wine with a real cork can become corked. It’s nasty.