Brak performs Don't Touch Me

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/20/brak-performs-dont-touch-me.html

8 Likes

Also applies

7 Likes

Brak is the best. <3
“you look beautiful in the candlelight, buddy!”

EDIT: i suppose context would help with my reference:

13 Likes

As a child, I was very fortunate to obtain the promotional CD put out by Ghost Planet Industries (now Williams Street) which included all the Cartoon Planet songs, including Brak’s classic “Don’t Touch Me”—it was called Modern Music for Swingin’ Superheroes.

I grew up in the 'burbs of Atlanta, which is home to Cartoon Network & Adult Swim, and in 1996 a local talk radio show was interviewing George Lowe, the actor who voiced Space Ghost for Cartoon Planet and Coast to Coast. A born nerd, eight-year-old me called in to finally find out why Moltar’s original color scheme was different. They put me on air, I posed my question, and was told that the original Space Ghost cartoon was animated using the labor of color blind children. They sent me the album a couple weeks later. It’s still one of my prized possessions!

16 Likes

I miss the weirdness of Space Ghost C2C. Would love to see it brought back

16 Likes

Announcer:
And now, it’s time for “Brak’s … Tales … of … Suspense!” Ha ha ha ha ha!
Brak: (doing some sting music as he goes)
So, I went to the grocery store. And I went to get some milk. So anyway, I got there and the store clerk looked at me and he said, “Well, hi there, Brak. Are you here to get some milk?” And I said, “Well, what if I am?” And he said, “Well, I was just askin’, you know, 'cause you forgot last time. Remember?” And I said, “Oh, thanks. Uh, yeah.” So I went through the aisles past the bread … past the cold cuts … past the cookies! Past the ketchups … past the frozen dinners (one of them, by the way, looked really good! It had three mini hamburgers, and some corn, and, get this, tater tots and chocolate pudding! All the four major food groups!) Two hours later, I came to the dairy case and I got some milk!
(does victory song)
And I brought it home. And my Mom said, “Oh Brak! You remembered the milk!” And I said, “Yup!” and then all of a sudden, she said, “Brak! Did you look at this? The expiration date says tomorrow!” So I had to drink a whole gallon of milk in one day and go back and get some more. So, um, you gotta watch those expiration dates, there, buster.

12 Likes
2 Likes

And we should all avoid the Mudhoney song.

6 Likes

more Brak goodness
(cued to just skit at the end)

7 Likes

Sometimes it’s hard to (Man, Mudhoney sang about sickness a lot).

2 Likes

A̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶i̶n̶f̶e̶c̶t̶a̶n̶t̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶.̶

I don’t know if acetone disinfects, actually.

1 Like

I loved Space Ghost back in the day, and the Brak album was one of the last of the dying breed of novelty comedy albums.

Without having seen the show, people are not going to find this funny. But I promise it is incredibly hilarious for those in the know!

4 Likes

Between Space Ghost and Homestar Runner, I am chock full of quotes that I find utterly hilarious and many of my peers just find confusing.

8 Likes

The surest way to make my wife roll her eyes and sigh is to make a reference to Trogdor the Burninator…

4 Likes

I’m not sure Brak’s social distancing is working with all the spitting Space Ghost is doing.

1 Like

Am I the only one that sees Brak when a cat has Flehmen response?

9 Likes

For the record, I never actually touched him, and you can’t prove otherwise. So there.

3 Likes
6 Likes

This has always been a favourite:

5 Likes

Hail Brak!
Brak_flag

10 Likes