The new Ghostbusters trailer is awesome

[Read the post]

5 Likes

I don’t know…maybe it’s been 30 years and I’m just not that into it anymore.

9 Likes

That looks promising. I really need to see the original again too.

8 Likes

I am. It immediately takes me back. Far truer to the original than Ghostbusters 2.

17 Likes

It’s riffing off of the original blatantly, but that’s OK! I can totally get behind some fan service to give me a fun movie, and this looks fun. The ghosts/effects look like handmade practical effects, whether they are or not… I was worried we’d see a ridiculously shiny and ultra-CG’d Slimer. He looks like a puppet, so yay.

16 Likes

The possession bit at the end felt really tired. But that’s only one bit in the movie and the trailer seems to suffer from the batman v superman first trailer problem of too much hype.

2 Likes

So, basically, Bridesmaids Get Slimed.

Meh.

11 Likes

Yah - GB2 was pretty bad.

1 Like

Yeah, looks as silly as the original.

(Totally gonna go watch it multiple times)

12 Likes

Love the cast, probably funnier than the original cast but I had really hoped it was going to be a sort of sequel, like they bought the business from the original team or in an auction or better yet they were the kids of the original team.

I’m just sick of reboots.

14 Likes

[quote=“jlw, post:4, topic:74565”]
Ghostbusters 2.
[/quote]What? Is that a real thing? It sounds like Indiana Jones 4, something they looked at and decided against. Like Clerks 2.

6 Likes

The opening sequence about 30 years ago, blah blah seemed to suggest this was an extension on the original story/in a universe where there had already been ghostbusters.

Don’t think the hearse is too coincidental to be true. I think about ½ the readers of the BBS drive them.

16 Likes

I am so there. Love me some Ghostbusters and I think every reboot should feature awesome ladies gender bending the buddy movie concept.

Signed,
Mom to the little girl who insisted on buying a StayPuft Marshmallow Guy doll when she was 7 - thanks eBay!

15 Likes

. . .and yet, Hollywood is working very hard to make sure you are not informed that this is a remake, as opposed to the next in the series. This, this I do not like.

1 Like

I had a friend in college who had one. I thought maybe he got a sweet deal on it, but actually they are expensive and he was trust fund baby. Going to a fabulously cool fraternity formal in it, dressed to the nines, carrying the kegs so we were totally the heroes of that party - one of the best memories of my life.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure there were no engineers or particle physicists in Bridesmaids. Hurr durr…ladies be shoppin, amirite?!

9 Likes

This was awesome? I feel like I watched a totally different trailer.

The power of pain compels you? Come on.

12 Likes

http://www.tor.com/2011/06/29/slime-time-5-reasons-why-ghostbusters-2-is-better-than-you-remember-it/

I’ll say it; I like Ghostbusters 2.

This…? Meh. Maybe it’ll be okay, but I can’t say the trailer does anything for me. But I didn’t particularly want another reboot/sequel/remake anyway. I do think this will probably be better than any of the things that Aykroyd was throwing around as a potential Ghostbusters 3, though.

6 Likes

Looks just like what I’d want in new Ghostbusters movie. EXCITE.

2 Likes

They might be expensive new but if you keep your eyes open they can be found used at a good price. If you live in a bigger city it is not unusual to get one that’s been owned by more than one mortuary. Since the styles are kind of classic and they don’t get driven hard they do tend to stay in service for a longer time than a typical fleet vehicle.

I looked at one out of curiosity once and it had a pretty fair amount of miles on it but it was in good shape and was pretty cheap. But I swear something seemed to smell bad about the car. Could have been my imagination.

One thing to consider is you’re getting a 20’ long two-seater car. Great for child-less couples who eat a lot of groceries.

2 Likes