Brazilian president hospitalized for 10 days of hiccups

Originally published at: Brazilian president hospitalized for 10 days of hiccups | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Oh no!

10 Likes

Quickly dry swallow one teaspoon of sugar. Works literally every time.

10 Likes

I’ve found that a swift hard kick to the balls works to cure hiccups in most right-wing fuckwit dictators.

Worth a try, anyway.

@Mercenary_Garage That cover was nauseatingly repetitive but the video sucked me in.

33 Likes

Holy hiccups, Batman!

11 Likes

Everyone has a hiccup cure. Let’s try them all!

23 Likes

Well done Antifa.

22 Likes

Yeah! That!!

(And waits for @FGD135 to post a ‘try all the hiccup cures’ image in 3… 2…1…)

8 Likes

I mean, hiccups? Really? Does everyone buy that?

21 Likes

No sympathy. He’s a monster. He WON’T allow vaccinations, instead insisting on quackery. I suspect that he wants the Brazilian people to die, to “Reduce the surplus population.”. I once had hiccups after oral surgery, a side effect of the anesthesia, that lasted around eight hours, and it was torturous. I hope he has them for months.

24 Likes

In a tweet, Mr Bolsonaro said he would be “back soon, God willing”.

Um, No ahole, stay in the hospital and let the adults run your country.

16 Likes

Maybe some of these will work?

6 Likes

Hiccups are more a symptom, it’s likely some sort of intestinal blockage. May need surgery. Kind of appropriate for a truly full of shit individual, but he deserves far worse.

8 Likes

00__X-All-The-Y__FGD135__RAW_phixr (1)

21 Likes

I’m saying how does anyone know it’s really hiccups. I think it’s far more likely he’s got covid and they’re covering it up with this hiccups excuse. But I generally expect lying liars to keep lying about everything, that’s a flaw of mine, so maybe I’m wrong.

13 Likes

18 Likes

Could be, though he’s had it before, and it may be complications from that infection.

I think if he was going to lie about a disease, he’d make up something less ridiculous sounding than hiccups, though I know chronic hiccups are quite uncomfortable.

6 Likes

an injection of local anesthetic in the sympathetic nerve tissue of the neck.

I know just the guy for this job:

7 Likes

Now this may be a clue. It’s something already seen multiple times:

so it could be that.
But really, considering the person, dunno duncare.

6 Likes

吃驚 しって ください !
(Bikkuri shitte kudasai !)

2 Likes