Brazil's Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus

Am I a bad person for feeling immense joy about this?
I mean, if I feel satisfaction that something terrible happens to a horrible, evil person, doesn´t that make me just as bad?
Quite the conundrum.

6 Likes

I know we’re not supposed to wish ill of people here on BB, so as to Bolsonaro’s current situation, let me just say:

10 Likes

It’s like the trolley problem, except instead of the lever, it’s the ill wish on Bolsonaro, which if granted could save millions of lives.

11 Likes

good-place-trolley-cool

7 Likes

Not only he caught the virus, but reportedly he is also taking Hydroxychloroquine, although he should have access to well informed doctors telling him it is not effective.
This news had some cogs in my head never stop whirring, so I imagined some phone calls between Trump and him, then something like him getting out of the hospital in great conditions in some time, telling everyone it’s because of Hydroxychloroquine, then thanking Trump for being right and saving his life, and see Trump approval rates rising again.
Let’s say a speculation worth of the prize for the finest tinfoilhattery (but from those people I’d expect absolutely everything) would be wondering if he really did catch the virus, and/or if is he really taking Hydroxychloroquine.

6 Likes

people are kidding themselves if they don’t think he is being pumped full of teenage convalescent plasma and will be fine in a few days with instant antibodies

but still hoping for the best possible outcome for that poor country which would be him in a long endless suffering for many many many weeks, months even and lifelong crippling complications

nope not wishing for him to die, too easy of a way out, he needs to be on oxygen support for the rest of his life and live in fear of the power going out or batteries running out

Oddly I am wishing ill upon him. Imagine what will happen if he has a mild case and recovers with no troubles. It will probably kill thousands if he can say his anecdotal experience means no one should worry and all the safeguards can be scrapped.

4 Likes

Given the limits of taste and I imagine board rules, I’ll simply hope that he has the experience necessary for the best outcome for the Brazilian people.

5 Likes

ron-paul

Wasn’t Bolsonaro boasting a couple months ago that Brazilians are so healthy they can swim in sewage and not get sick?

What could this diagnosis mean? Is Herr Jair a weakling? Is he not swimming in sewage often enough? I’m willing to facilitate a dip in my septic tank if it will help him back to health.

4 Likes

I really miss the good old days.

1 Like

Because of some personal moral choices, I will not wish death upon this man however much I feel it would be perfect poetic justice.

But I would not be devastated if that happened.

The rabbis would probably argue that’s at least some achievement, on my part, and tell me I could do better. But I’m sure a number of them would silently sympathize.

4 Likes

The Ministry of Defense reported that 1.8 million chloroquine tablets are in stock at the Army Laboratory. The figure represents about 18 times the annual production of medicines in previous years. Usually chloroquine is used to fight malaria.

In addition to this amount of medicine in stock, there are one million pills that have already been sent to the Ministry of Health. The Minister of Defense, Fernando Azevedo e Silva, said that there is no forecast of producing more of this medicine.

4 Likes

I live in hope.

1 Like

images (12)

No one in Brazil believes he’s actually with Covid-19, he’s lying through his teeth to sell all the hydroxicloroquine he bought.

12 Likes

I was just about to comment the same thing. He already claimed to have gotten much better from one day to the other because he took chloroquine. Whichever’s the truth, we lose, because now his supporters will sympathize with him even more.

6 Likes

When he ACTUALLY showed mild Covid-19 symptoms after visiting Trumpoid Mary he went to the Justice to avoid showing his lab results that he insisted were negative, now he does a 180° and says that he’s positive?

The only reason for him to change his stance is: shilling chloroquine (just look at the amount he made the Army buy/make) and as a smoke screen to avoid having to talk to the Federal Police about the corruption scandal they are investigating “I can’t go, I’m sick”

I wish the third option (he got it a second time and this time it’s getting serious enough that he would need hospital care) was true, but alas, improbable. He would lie if that was the case.

9 Likes

Holy shit… I had not even considered that…

6 Likes

Diagnosed with Covid-19, Bolsonaro takes hydroxychloroquine on video and asks: “I trust, how about you?”

5 Likes

Just look at him.

5 Likes