Awkward: Trump stopped Fauci from answering hydroxychloroquine question at COVID-19 briefing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/06/awkward-trump-stopped-fauci-f.html

9 Likes

And his Cabinet still refuses to invoke the 25th Amendment despite the fact that the incompetent, impeached Orange Cheeto keeps doing things that will cause untold thousands of deaths.

35 Likes

This whole thing makes MY eyes bleed. Suddenly all the GOP governors, POTUS and his hand-picked staff are ALL EXPERTS IN MEDICINE AND PUBLIC HEALTH. And the leading scientist, with decades of service across several administrations, is silenced and backburnered because he disagrees with them. I cannot watch this shit show anymore. I have to redirect my attention to the actual and factual. I don’t have anymore energy to spend on these fools. They are hellbent on killing us all.

30 Likes

“This is a Presidential Question and Answer session. The President will supply both the questions and the answers.”

37 Likes

vote. Vote. VOTE the fuckers out!! All the motherfuckers just fine with this orange gibbon killing us.

NOTE: I apologize wholeheartedly to the gibbon population for comparing them to this useless waste of oxygen.

26 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up because with a moniker like monkeythumper it is good to clarify :+1:t2:

28 Likes

Ain’t gonna happen. But just theoretically, would they even have a quorum, what with all the “acting” guys?

10 Likes

“What really do we have to lose? … we don’t have time to go and say, ‘gee, let’s take a couple of years and test it out’ … it doesn’t kill people.”

Science, how does that work?

I think what Donnie is really saying here is the economy doesn’t have “a couple of years” to improve so he can get another term. If some people have to die, well that’s a small price to pay to “make America great again.”

17 Likes

We lack words, don’t we? There aren’t enough insults in the language to cover this situation adequately without collateral damage.

17 Likes

I’ve said it before - but nothing will change these people’s perspectives better than a good old fashioned class-action lawsuit or 10. From the victim’s families - Criminal Negligence Causing Death.

12 Likes

Every time he says that, we need someone in the back to shout, “Our lives!” It’s disgusting to watch 45 and his cronies prioritizing money over public health and safety.

20 Likes

Maybe Fauci’s opinion would be worth listening to if his uncle had tried harder to get into M.I.T.

13 Likes

Pushing snake oil should have consequences…

Ohio Democratic legislator wants Trump prosecuted for ‘crimes against humanity’

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2020/04/05/ohio-democratic-legislator-wants-trump-prosecuted-for-crimes-against-humanity/

“Just how Galonski planned to initiate this plan, the representative was not at first sure.”

“I honestly have no idea,” Galonski told the Capital Journal on Sunday evening. “But how hard can it be?”

Well, somebody should try.

26 Likes

Edit: Echoing the point made by @CongenitalOptimist,

I know (every) POTUS is immune from all kinds of lawsuits and commander-in-chief but I do wonder if he can be personally sued on this point by the widow in Arizona whose husband died after following his medical advice - especially if he is silencing the medical community about it.

16 Likes

Guaranteed the Prolapsed-Rectum-In-Chief has a financial stake in hydroxychlorquine. That’s the only reason I can see that he would be pushing it so hard.

14 Likes
11 Likes

“It’s the thought that counts.” -Hallmark

8 Likes

My anxiety is off the charts today, and tRump ain’t helping any.

tumblr_7868532f613a5ac9741e38ffbe5659fd_6b7a9385_540

11 Likes

“Vacillating shit monster”?

3 Likes

Do what Shakespeare did and make shit up.

“Thou elvish-mark’d, abortive, rooting hog! Away, you starvelling, you elf-skin, you dried neat’s-tongue, bull’s-pizzle, you stock-fish! Thou art a boil, a plague sore! Would thou wert clean enough to spit upon!”

The Bard appeared to have a bit of a downer on Elves. I’d have thought that Half-Elves, with their +2 CHA would have more greatly vexed his spleen; but there you go.

14 Likes