Fox News ends its love affair with hydroxychloroquine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/22/fox-news-ends-its-love-affair.html

6 Likes

I shudder to think what new snake oil is in the offing.

30 Likes

When they say “I’m not a doctor, but…” that’s your queue to stop listening.

23 Likes

“Now is not the time to be bringing attention to our egregious wank-fuckery.”

21 Likes

“Than” is dead and it makes me sad.

3 Likes

:notes: Lawsuits, lawsuits, let’s see some mother f’ing lawsuits! :notes:

I really hope Fox gets sued into oblivion over all their coronavirus misinformation. They really have it coming.

28 Likes

Trump pretends he never heard of the stuff in 5, 4, 3, 2…

24 Likes

Great, life-saving news for those afflicted with Lupus.

27 Likes

As with any sudden breakup, we are left wondering what happened.

4 Likes

Just follow the money invested. :smiling_imp:

10 Likes

It’s not u, it’s me. I just can’t breathe in this relationship.

6 Likes

Eh - given past case history, lawsuit won’t stick. Basically the First Amendment means that news orgs have a right to get it wrong some times.

They can try, though. Missouri wants to sue China, which you can’t do either.

10 Likes

12 Likes

A queue of cues is even more telling.

7 Likes

I think the the reaction has less to do with MDs telling the press to STFU, and more to do with the people scratching their heads thinking…“how do you even say that word hydroxychloroquine? That word looks foreign to me. Why don’t they just call it Hydro-XX?”

It’s what the plants want.

3 Likes

Novartis is a major manufacturer of hydroxychloroquine. If you’ll recall, during his election campaign Trump said he would work to lower prescription drug prices. Shortly after inauguration, the CEO of Novartis came to visit Trump in the White House. Within another week or two, Novartis engaged Michael Cohen as a consultant for $1.2 million, paid into the same bank account used to pay off Stormy Daniels. At the same time, Trump stopped talking about drug price reform and removed it from his campaign website.

All of which to say, I don’t see any reason to be skeptical of the president’s motives. Do you?

28 Likes

Paging Huey Lewis…

5 Likes

The pace of this particular news cycle is amazing… It’s like the decade-long Iraq WMD non-story compressed into 2 month period.

8 Likes

I was skeptical of him when I lived in NYC in the 70s.

6 Likes

FOX News is the entirely the culprit in the undoing of American society. Everything, ultimately that’s fucked up in American society can be laid at their doorstep. Yes there’s other media outlets like Breitbart or OAN, but FOX is their captain. Yes the Russians meddle too, but they’re outliers compared to FOX.

America needs to reject FOX News like the virus it is, and if that means going above and beyond our court system and taking matters into our own hands, then so be it.

14 Likes