Fox News ends its love affair with hydroxychloroquine

Finally we can get back to talking about the real solutions, like colloidal silver and miracle water!

11 Likes

Coronavirus: Caution urged over Madagascar’s ‘herbal cure’

3 Likes

Annoyed? Yes.
Surpris…nevermind. Done.

1 Like

They must have all had time to unload their Sanofi stock and sell it on to people who are less connected than they are.

Cue another “miracle cure” that raises a different company’s stock price in 3, 2, 1 …

3 Likes

“FOX News is the entirely the culprit in the undoing of American society.”

Mostly agreed but there’s also a ‘nature vs nurture’ aspect to it too. If Fox et al’s horrible horrible message didn’t resonate with something dark and evil already in (a surprisingly high) number of people’s hearts, then they wouldn’t have the influence they do. Not to say they aren’t increasing the burn rate so to speak, but the most horrifying part of the last few years to me has been how many of my fellow citizens are in fact hateful, anti-democratic, racist proto-fascists who are fully in favor of the idiot in chief’s incompetence and cruelty, and not repulsed by it, as many of us just assume would be the standard reaction.

10 Likes

I think what you meant to say was “Trump pretends he never heard of the stuff and says it’s great and everyone’s taking it in 5, 4, 3, 2…”

3 Likes

Don’t forget the efforts of our televangelists. They are truly a godsend. With no return address.

5 Likes

It’s what plants crave. It’s got electrolytes!

1 Like

Fake news!

6 Likes

Damn, I guess I’ve been drinking these gin and tonics for no reason.

5 Likes

@fredtal That’s why I only made it 20 seconds in then had to stop.

Wouldn’t it be cool if a class-action lawsuit ended both the network and the careers of it’s talking windsocks?

3 Likes

Still, even though there is a lack of available test kits and protective gear, no cure in sight, and an increase in mortality from outbreaks where people have been closely gathered, we really need to open up all the businesses and get people back into the office.

My wife started developing symptoms and called our doctor to see if she qualifies for getting tested this morning. During the conversation, our doctor mentioned that a lot of people have been asking for hydrochloroquine and z-pak who had no symptoms. Our doctor told these other patients no because it hasn’t been proven and she won’t do it. Yet, they still call and keep asking but the answer is still no. These calls are tying up the doctors phone time and creating a backlog for people trying to get through with legit concerns both related and unrelated to Covid.

17 Likes

New Yorkers who support him are the biggest suckers of all.

9 Likes

9 Likes

My sister’s hospital basically advised the doctors to stop prescribing hydrochloroquine for any new patients because people are making up reasons for getting the drug (like claiming they are about to travel somewhere with an ongoing malaria outbreak, despite the current travel lockdowns making that nigh impossible). Must be frustrating for those few patients who actually need the stuff.

15 Likes

maybe they will all start touting that preacher that blows on you through your TV screen.

6 Likes

Okay, you win.

There is so much wrong with this packaging. It’s SStuning.

At least it’s made without trans fat or high fructose corn syrup.

3 Likes

I was skeptical of him when I was a little kid and kept seeing him and all his gold plated nonsense on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

4 Likes

This is one of those homonym errors I really hate, because the more it happens the more people see it and think it’s right and the more it happens.

3 Likes