'Breakfast' macaroni and cheese coming in 2021, says Kraft

my bleary eyeballs initially parsed your recipe as “mac and cheese for breakfast: smoked sadness”

8 Likes

Excuse me, but why one has to eat that pasta-like thing at breakfast and a cappuccino after noon?

Maybe the idea was to eat macarons at beakfast (or [petit déjeuner])

7 Likes

I used to collect limited edition food, and there’s nothing more boring and lazy than products where they simply change the box while leaving the food inside exactly the same. And this is taking even that concept to its laziest possible extreme.

Then again, maple-flavored mac and cheese like someone mentioned above might be even worse.

3 Likes

I think it’s important to note that they’re coupling the giveaway with donations to charity.

5 Likes

I’ll smoke to that!

3 Likes

ACCURATE

3 Likes

I was raised by early predecessors of free-range parents, of the “let them forage and they’ll eat what they like when they’re hungry” style, at least where breakfasts are concerned. When a daily diet of sautéed chicken livers for breakfast at a tender age led to temporarily high cholesterol levels (surprise!), I switched to a somewhat healthier morning meal I could cook myself before school: egg noodles and cottage cheese. All the basic nutrients you need. Still a staple of my diet. So don’t knock the combo, or its rather-more-processed siblings.

5 Likes

Running away wasn’t an option? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Autocannibalism? Truly, you folks will consider anything for breakfast. Breakfast = muesli. Anything else is confusing. Now if you’re a bit late and slipping into brunch, well, then everything is back on the table.

5 Likes

Still lower in cholesterol than sautéed chicken livers.

5 Likes

The most important question: Will Canadians start calling it KB?

4 Likes

It’s when they switched to “baked” doughnoughts rather than fried. The merger with Wendy’s didn’t seem to hurt them, but when they sold out to Burger King and that Brazilian hedge fund I think it was game over.

“You can’t cut your way to success.” :thinking:unless it’s the clothing industry

4 Likes

wait for it . . .

5 Likes

Also - I had leftover lamb vindaloo roti for breakfast today - so there’s that.

7 Likes

mac-n-cheese with beans, scrambled eggs, peppers, onions and habanero sauce rolled in a flour tortilla makes a mighty fine breakfast burrito.

5 Likes

I ate Kraft Easy Mac for breakfast every day for years. I’m not sure how I’m still alive.

5 Likes

Eat real food
Not too Much
Mostly Plants

That is a revolutionary act!

5 Likes

It’s safe to say that I’d import Canadian Kraft Dinner (and the fanciest dijon ketchups) by the truck-load, if I had a million dollars.

3 Likes

Spaz Williams, when he worked VFX at ILM, used to have Harvey’s hamburgers shipped down to him - that’s brand loyalty

3 Likes

Kraft: Bleah.

One of the worst breakfasts I’ve heard of was in a funny story: Sugar Pops and a Coke.

Cereal and raisins (or sometimes banana) plus rice milk + tea gets me going. To the extent that I do.

I am . . . awed by some of the breakfasts posted here.

1 Like